Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 73 Likes Search this Thread
07-05-2018, 11:05 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
I just made two posts that got combined by the system into one. Will that count as 1 or 2 for the July giveaway?
Probably 1.5.......come on Mark! How many posts in 3.5 years? Live a little and post 11 times this month.

07-06-2018, 07:45 AM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I assumed his post was a small joke. Maybe not.
07-06-2018, 08:13 AM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just made two posts that got combined by the system into one. Will that count as 1 or 2 for the July giveaway?
The serious answer is that this will count as "1" for the giveaway.

To prevent that from happening you would need to edit your profile detail ans change\

"Auto-Merge Double Posts" from "Yes" to "No"
07-06-2018, 08:16 AM   #94
Pentaxian

I'm doing this as a stunt to show that it works.

I don't normally do that, but I do control combining.
I've found that if I have two completely different responses, people may forget the first because of the second, so I'll put them in different posts to prevent the second from "hiding" the second

07-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In all these years, reh321, I did not know about this setting. I just grinned and bore it. I have now reset that option thanks to you. So, thanks.
07-07-2018, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
In all these years, reh321, I did not know about this setting. I just grinned and bore it. I have now reset that option thanks to you. So, thanks.
For a couple of years I'd hope someone else would post, or I'd have to wait an hour, if I wanted to keep one post from "stepping" on another. Honestly, I learned about this setting from Bert {and about the 5 character limit}
07-07-2018, 08:01 AM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
For a couple of years I'd hope someone else would post, or I'd have to wait an hour, if I wanted to keep one post from "stepping" on another. Honestly, I learned about this setting from Bert {and about the 5 character limit}
Well it is appropriate that you enlightened the rest of us at this time of great posting neediness.

07-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #98
Veteran Member

Only needed for those who post every 3.7 seconds! hehehe.

I think I have run across this a handful of times because I do not post as much as you and some of the others. But good to know it exists. Sometimes it is good to combine but sometimes not.
07-07-2018, 09:23 PM   #99
Veteran Member

The serious answer is that this will count as "1" for the giveaway.

To prevent that from happening you would need to edit your profile detail ans change\

"Auto-Merge Double Posts" from "Yes" to "No"
Thanks for providing a serious answer with useful information.
07-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
Probably 1.5.......come on Mark! How many posts in 3.5 years? Live a little and post 11 times this month.
I've been much more active on DPReview, simply because I like the layout of their forum better. All the posts are shown together instead of being separated by category, and the posts themselves are shown in a threaded view. Honestly except for a couple of threads I'm already subscribed on, I'm unlikely to interact much.
07-08-2018, 06:35 AM   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been much more active on DPReview, simply because I like the layout of their forum better. All the posts are shown together instead of being separated by category, and the posts themselves are shown in a threaded view. Honestly except for a couple of threads I'm already subscribed on, I'm unlikely to interact much.
The content here trumps format for me, but I prefer this style forum myself.
07-08-2018, 11:14 AM - 1 Like   #102

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We would probably purchase and mail it from within the EU in that case, as that's quite a ridiculous fee!
That's good to know Import tax is a pain
07-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The content here trumps format for me, but I prefer this style forum myself.
Because the content is segregated by category, it's harder to discover that advantage. So far for myself I haven't seen it.
07-09-2018, 06:05 AM   #104
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Because the content is segregated by category, it's harder to discover that advantage. So far for myself I haven't seen it.
Just click recent posts button then you get your jumbled mixed up threads.
07-09-2018, 07:28 AM   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Just click recent posts button then you get your jumbled mixed up threads.
Yes that is very much like the hodgepodge found on DP. PF allows us to focus on what we are most interested in and if we want to see everything coming in we can use the method pointed out by UncleVanya. PF is by far the most useful format I have found on the many camera sites I have used.