Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2018, 10:16 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
In the Pentax K200 and K20D there was one feature that I think was very useful and then disappeared, namely 'Comparing Images'.
You had the opportunity to compare two sequential shots and eliminate the worst, with the advent of subsequent models this mode disappeared,
certainly from the K30 and later models.
Yep, page 166 in the manual (took me less than 15 seconds to find...I already had the manual open).

Steve

07-05-2018, 07:48 AM   #17

Original Poster
Stevebrot, I wrote a reply but not sure it went through to the forum. Thanks for your help, it's clear and your instructions work and are helpful. The display issues seem to be resolved but now I have a new issue. I was comparing settings on both cameras, and noticed a discrepancy. Two, actually. On one camera, in the Rec. Mode of the menu, the AF Mode is gray, and the down button skips over it so I can't change the setting.

Also, on the other camera, in the Rec. Mode of the menu, the setting for AE Metering is white, whereas it's green on the other camera. I am unable to change the setting to multi-segment, which I prefer.

Finally, I have shake reduction turned on on both cameras. On one, when I turn on the camera, the hand with the line through it shows, and on the other camera, it's not displayed. I did read pages 68/69 in the manual - no help.
07-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #18
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I must confess that I had my K10D for quite a while before I figured out what the green button was for. Manuals? Who reads them?
QuoteQuote:
I wrote that knowing the menu of the camera is essential, but someone wrote "who reads it?
Who knows why?

QuoteQuote:
Steve
I wrote that the "Image Comparison" has disappeared in subsequent models, I do not know the reason, but it was a very useful feature.
I really appreciate it on the Pentax K20D and previous models, I do not remember on the K5, but on the K30, K50 and later has disappeared 'desaparecido'.
07-05-2018, 10:02 AM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Who knows why?

I wrote that the "Image Comparison" has disappeared in subsequent models, I do not know the reason, but it was a very useful feature.
I really appreciate it on the Pentax K20D and previous models, I do not remember on the K5, but on the K30, K50 and later has disappeared 'desaparecido'.
It was a cool feature.

Steve

07-05-2018, 10:53 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kseld Quote
....Two, actually. On one camera, in the Rec. Mode of the menu, the AF Mode is gray, and the down button skips over it so I can't change the setting.

Also, on the other camera, in the Rec. Mode of the menu, the setting for AE Metering is white, whereas it's green on the other camera. I am unable to change the setting to multi-segment, which I prefer....
Some menu settings are only adjustable in certain shooting modes. Typically, the auto or semi-auto modes will disable some menu settings. For example, on my k100d if the mode dial is in "SCN", then the autofocus in the record menu is greyed out and set to Af.S. If I switch to "P" mode on the dial, AF is no longer greyed out and I can change the autofocus to Af.S or Af.C.

The lens you have mounted may also be an issue, with older 'legacy' lenses not having all options available.
08-25-2018, 09:29 AM   #21
pxt

I may be wrong but on M series I can show histogram when I use K200D. I don't use this feature ver often.