Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #1

HELP, line in all photos "photo added"

My wife just downloaded a bunch of photos she took last night and all have a line running down the center in the same spot in all of them......any sugestions as to what the problem is?
Ran the dust removal and no change, does the sensor need cleaning?

It's a K20D

Last edited by cocojr; 09-14-2008 at 08:49 AM.
09-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

please post a photo
09-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
can you post an example? if it's some hardware problem, I guess it would be through whole image, in exact same place every time, and it's unlikely to be just one line, usually it's all over the image in some repeating manner. This sounds to me like hair or something on sensor, but please post an example...
09-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #4

Original Poster

09-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #5

Original Poster
Well, just got off the phone with the Pentax sales rep here in Alberta and we troubleshot it with pixel maping, looking at the sensor, reseting the system, but nothing has helped.

I turned on liveview and its plain as day on the LCD screen. Last resort, he told me to take out the battery for a couple of hours.....but looks like it may need service.

Anyone else come across this?
09-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

If it's showing on live-view AND on the photos, that says to me it's a sensor problem....
09-14-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried a different memory card?

Or tried shooting RAW or JPG (other than format used when lines showed up?

Robert B.
09-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #8

Original Poster
Yes I have tried raw and jpeg. I'm sure its the sensor, but it happened overnight. The day before, no problem.......

09-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #9

I would say that whole column of pixels is dead, since the line is same all over.
09-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #10
Inactive Account

well, I'm sorry that this happened to you, but it's sensor problem, you'll probably get a new through support service, maybe even whole new camera... good luck
09-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Crappy. Your sensor is done. Just don't dick around and take it in for servicing. You don't want this problem to crop up again a few days after your warranty expires. It's too bad.

Welcome to the forum. Hello from Castle Downs.
09-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #12

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I was pretty sure it was the sensor but I was hoping it was something simple. I guess the good thing is it's only a couple of months old, but still........it's kinda tough that it has to go to Vancouver for service as my wife will be without it for awhile
09-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 080907k Quote
“亨通”钢制办公家具有严格的质量管理,先进的生产设备,技术力量雄厚,同时严格执行ISO9002国际质量标准。该系列产品均采用日本、上海优质冷板、程序化折弯成型全模具化生产,最先进全点无痕焊接、静电粉沫新工艺、为办公环境提供充满时尚风格的精品。 北京亨通文件柜自上世纪80年代中期进入市场,一开始从事专业生产和销售钢制办公家具,包括更衣柜、铁柜、铁皮文件柜、木制文件柜、桌面文件柜、立式文件柜、保险柜、电子密码柜。北京文件柜随着市场的拓展,北京亨通铁柜厂采用了产品相关化扩展的战略,在强化原有优势业务的基础上,慢慢涉及到文件柜、教学装备、医疗装备、密集架等产品。2006年随着精益生产中心的设立,铁柜厂 将逐步推进产品的改良与设计,铁柜 进行新产品开发,为广大的用户提供更高质量产品、更为专业的服务,满足更为个性化的需求。
Huh? I know I'm not the most internationally savvy of individuals, being from Colorado and all, but am I supposed to plug this into a translator to see what this gentleman has to say?

QuoteQuote:
"Hengtong" steel office furniture there is strict quality management, advanced production equipment, strong technical force and at the same time strictly enforce the ISO9002 international quality standard. The products are used in Japan, Shanghai high-quality cold plate, bending process of forming mold of the entire production, the most advanced all-points Seamless welding, electrostatic powder new process for the office environment is full of fine fashion style. Beijing Hengtong filing cabinet since the mid-1980s to enter the market, began working in a professional production and sales of steel office furniture, including wardrobe, Tiegui, metal filing cabinets, wooden file cabinets, desktop filing cabinet, vertical filing cabinet, Safe, key cabinet. Beijing filing cabinet with the market expansion of Beijing Hengtong Tiegui plant uses the expansion of product-related strategies to strengthen the existing business strengths on the basis of the time involved in filing cabinets, teaching equipment, medical equipment, products such as Mi Jijia . Lean Production in 2006 with the establishment of the center, Tiegui plant will be gradually improved products and design, plant Tiegui new product development for the vast number of users higher quality products, more professional service to meet more Personalized.
Perhaps this user should be removed. Mods?

Last edited by code4code5; 09-20-2008 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Problem post has been reported to Mods.