Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #1

Anyone deal with SHUEIDO?? K20d

They have K20d at 872 with free shipping.. ANyone deal with these guys before?? WOuld love to pick it up at that price. Any help with be great!!
thank you
jack

09-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I never dealt with Schueido but was searching as I am interested in the K20D and ran across this site. BroadwayPhoto.com - Pentax K20D, 14.6 Megapixel, SLR, Digital Camera They are listing the camera body for $728 but in the accessory colume it lists Battery and bat. charger around $150. You may not need the batt and charger since you have the K10d. I am a little suspicious of such a good deal. I plan to research the site further when I have the time.
09-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iced Quote
I never dealt with Schueido but was searching as I am interested in the K20D and ran across this site. BroadwayPhoto.com - Pentax K20D, 14.6 Megapixel, SLR, Digital Camera They are listing the camera body for $728 but in the accessory colume it lists Battery and bat. charger around $150. You may not need the batt and charger since you have the K10d. I am a little suspicious of such a good deal. I plan to research the site further when I have the time.

scam artists, avoid em like the plague....
09-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Broadway Photo is a miserable excuse for a business--they have a long history of cheating and thieving--yes, avoid them like the plague.

You can check their reputation, or lack thereof, here: Broadway Photo / A&M Photo World, Regal Camera, Prestige Camera, Preferred Photo, Royal Camera, more Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

You can also check with the Better Busines Bureau of New York--they have hundreds of complaints in with them. I know, I placed one of them.

You must be careful, because they have opened many other stores with different names--do not buy from anyone unless you do your homework.

Best of luck to you!

09-14-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Basically, if you see a place online that is MUCH MUCH cheaper than the big names like B&H, Adorama, Amazon ,etc.., you can pretty much bet that they are scam artists.
Save yourself a lot of headaches, and buy from someone reputable...
09-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bruloup Quote
They have K20d at 872 with free shipping.. ANyone deal with these guys before?? WOuld love to pick it up at that price. Any help with be great!!
thank you
jack
99.9% positive feedback at ebay, they must be doing something right. $872 is a pretty good price for a K20D. How is Pentax USA with international warranties?
09-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Google "bait and switch"

And search these forums as well.

If they are cheaper, there is a reason...

09-15-2008, 07:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Broadway Photo

I have a friend/coworker who bought an Olympus E-510 from Broadway. I tried to sell him on a K10D, but he liked the smaller size of the Oly. I also warned him to check out any online seller at resellerratings.com.

He didn't take my advice and ordered the camera at Broadway's website. Later, he received an email telling him to call and "confirm" his order. He was told that the battery that came with the camera was lousy (a lie) and that he should order the "upgraded" battery. Oh, and he would need a charger, since one did not come with the camera (another lie). He was also sold an overpriced memory card, an overpriced Oly flash and an overpriced Oly telephoto zoom. Then they added on ridiculously high shipping charges.

In the end, he paid about the same or a little more than he would have paid for the same outfit, had he called B & H in the first place, as I recommended. Fortunately for him, he wanted the flash and telephoto anyway. About the only thing he didn't really want was the truly crappy camera bag they talked him into buying. At least he got a camera with a US warranty and a manual written in English. This isn't always the case.

It is my understanding that this is their normal modus operandi. If you insist that you just want the camera at its advertised, low, low price, with no extras, it suddenly becomes out of stock. And, don't even think about trying to return an item, even if defective.

Run, do not walk, away from these guys.

Check out any online seller at resellerratings.com.
09-15-2008, 07:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
Google "bait and switch"

And search these forums as well.

If they are cheaper, there is a reason...
they are in Taiwan... probably they are not unionized
09-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Did you count in the price the shipping cost ?

Plus you would have to add import taxes.

It can make the difference with B&H or Adorama.

Guillaume
09-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ghelary Quote
Did you count in the price the shipping cost ?
~ USD $30

QuoteOriginally posted by ghelary Quote
Plus you would have to add import taxes.
taxes ? not here...
09-15-2008, 09:24 AM   #12

Just got a K20D with the 18-55 Kit lens on ebay for $999 with shipping. Included was a ton of truly worthless crap (camera bag, hard case, tripod, memory card, filters, wide angle attachment, and a cleaning kit) I thought the price for the camera and lens was good enough never mind all the junk. I expected that since it was ebay and they had a good rating that I would be able to bypass the nonsense that I had with broadway but I still got the whole "confirm" you order routine and the BS about a "20 minute" battery but I was able to actually get the order without buying anything else. Still frustrating.
09-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
To the Original Poster:

It won't have a US warranty, which could present a problem if you need servicing.
09-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #14

I don't believe there is a K20D box that has the camera without a battery and charger. I get all my stuff from B&H. Samys is good though more expensive than B&H and there's Calumet and arrrrrhhhhhhhh Ritz.
04-01-2009, 05:46 AM   #15
Pentaxian

I've bought two lenses from Shueido - the Pentax 12-24 mm wideangle and the 100mm Macro lens. I don't have any complaint and will probably buy the next Pentax DSLR from them when it is available.