Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
Forum Member

Memory card won't come out

I'm trying to take out the SD card from the slot of my K10D and it won't come out!!! I'm using a Sandisk 4GBSDHC Extreme III card help please.

09-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
never mind I got it out, but now I see that my viewfinder is completley cracked. I must have hit the camera, but the camera itself still works its just that the viewfinder is broken(cracked) looks like just the outside piece focusing screen and everyting else is fine. Does anyone know if the warranty covers this? And does anyone have suggestions on what to do to repair this? For now everything else seems to work.
09-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by montezuma Quote
I'm trying to take out the SD card from the slot of my K10D and it won't come out!!! I'm using a Sandisk 4GBSDHC Extreme III card help please.
There is a fingernail slot on the front of the card just above the label. If the card locks have been disengaged, you should be able to pull the card out with this.

Thank you
Russell
09-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Does anyone know if the warranty covers this?
If you bought the camera from Ritz and got their you break it we replace warranty, you're covered. If you only have the Pentax warranty, probably not.

Thank you
Russell

09-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
I got it at B and H and I bought a sagemax warranty. If the warranty doesn't cover it anyone know where to get it fixed? I live in New Jersey.
09-15-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I am curious as to how you have apparently hit the camera so hard that it jams the card and cracks the viewfinder, without you even knowing it

Goodluck with the replacement/repair. Hope you're not away from it for yoo long
09-16-2008, 12:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I got it at B and H and I bought a sagemax warranty. If the warranty doesn't cover it anyone know where to get it fixed? I live in New Jersey.
You'll send it to Pentax Colorado just like it was a warranty repair. If they deem the issue not to be covered by the warranty, they will contact you with how much it will cost to have it fixed.

If you paid by credit card, you might look to see if the credit card has a Purchase Protection Plan. I've never personally used it, but people have posted that their credit card offered this service and they used it in similar circumstances. I think American Express is one that offers this.

Thank you
Russell

Last edited by Russell-Evans; 09-16-2008 at 01:30 AM. Reason: clarification
09-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #8
Damn Brit

This isn't WendyB Suzuki is it?
09-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
This isn't WendyB Suzuki is it?
I'm kinda thinking that it's a spammer, although I really don't know
12 posts today, all looking more or less the same, with links to what looks like an advertising site.

I really don't know weather to report hm or not
If anyone agrees with me, that it might be spam please click on the red flag on the bottom left side of his post, and report it.
09-19-2008, 04:52 AM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I'm kinda thinking that it's a spammer, although I really don't know
12 posts today, all looking more or less the same, with links to what looks like an advertising site.

I really don't know weather to report hm or not
If anyone agrees with me, that it might be spam please click on the red flag on the bottom left side of his post, and report it.
I'm deleting them just as fast as you guys find them and report them. I think this is the sixth one this morning.
09-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had the same problem with that same card ...tried two of them and both stick. Work fine in other camera's so now use it in my Panasonic P&S.

To solve your problem, if your finger nails can't get a purchase on the card, use a pair of tweezers ..just pull it out.

Mike.

PS: BTW was this with a K10D as in my case or a different model?
09-19-2008, 07:07 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I just bought 2 new Kingston 4GB SDHC and they both are tight fits in the K10D but the slide in/out just fine in the K20D.
09-19-2008, 07:36 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
I'm deleting them just as fast as you guys find them and report them. I think this is the sixth one this morning.
Thanks for the good work Bill, I wish that those buggers would just leave us all alone