Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2018, 01:41 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
The K2000 is very very similar to the K-x but the K-x has a different sensor, and video. The K-x is much better at higher ISOs, especially if you shoot JPEG. If you shoot RAW the K2000 should be ok up to ISO 800 if exposed right - the K-x and the K-r (which I used to have) can give good images up to ISO 1600 and even 3200 is good if exposed right. I even had some ISO 6400 pictures with the K-r that I liked.

At ISO 100-400 the images from the K2000 are absolutely gorgeous (in my opinion) so I would say it's worth as as a backup if the price is right, or as a camera to shoot when it's sunny and/or bright outside (I prefer the older CCD sensors like the K2000 and my K10D when it's bright outside, I think it handles harsh light much better).
well I have a choice between the KX and the K2000. The K2000 I can get at 45$ or less depending on when I see it. the KX is 72$ also maybe less I am going to look at it and that one I know back and forth since i have one and love it.. with my budget and with my experience with Pentax's I have been lucky enough to get great deals on many things. So I am still on the fence regarding this..