Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 43 Likes Search this Thread
07-24-2018, 02:56 PM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IMO there isn’t a bad choice in your decision set (though I favor the KP options personally). At a point you just have to choose one, pull the trigger and start shooting* - and don’t look back.

Down the road, as you learn, you can add and subtract lenses, replace the camera body, add useful accessories or whatever. The Marketplace here is a wonderful source of gently used lenses and bodies.

* unfortunate combination of vernacular usage

Last edited by monochrome; 07-27-2018 at 09:44 PM.
07-24-2018, 04:21 PM   #77
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
he DA 18-135mm, however has a far superior build quality. It is amazingly compact for its zoom range. it is capable of fine image quality over a much greater range, and I think its AF is even a bit better than the 18-50mm. In fact, its AF performs at the highest level among all Pentax lenses I have experienced, including some of the most expensive.
The AF on the 18-135 is second only to the DA 55-300 PLM of the lenses I've used.
07-24-2018, 11:11 PM   #78
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you very much all.
Your opinions are really helpful.

In regards to what I will be using it for, well, I am currently interested in landscapes, street, macro.
As much I get into this - portraits become more and more interesting for me.
Not interested in sports or wildlife at this point.
07-27-2018, 08:01 PM   #79

Photos: Gallery
Have you tried both in your hand?

Apart from reading the reviews, I would say go and try the real things. In my opinion, ergonomic is one important feature and you cannot change that aspect of the camera (well... you can change the grip in case of KP, actually). Note that KP has 3 control dials; it may become useful for many occasions. But you may memorise functions and customise controls as the time goes by with either choice.

One more noteworthy is the screen; articulating screen on K-70 might become useful if you want to go for VLOG and such.

If you have just started shooting with DSLR, I would also suggest to go with a cheaper body first, K-70 in this case, and save the rest of the budget for lenses. Based on what you said, you may think about one macro lens and also a wide-aperture lens for portraiture.

07-28-2018, 01:55 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Both are great cameras, if budget allows, Kp would be my choice, if not K70 is very capable and should not be limiting you for at least few more years, if ever.