Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2019, 06:50 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Same here. The only question I had; would the KP be an upgrade to my K3? Very little difference per review specs. K3 has 8.3 fps cont. shooting, vs 7 fps KP. Don't know how important this would ever be. I also noticed that the KP has the USB 2.0, while the K3 has the USB 3. This could make a difference down the road for connectivity.

I would lose the top LCD, but gain tilt back LCD on KP. Just don't know if there's enough difference for the price. I had considered the K1, however been reading about what lenses can/cannot be used with it.
I am puzzled by your statement about which lenses cannot be used with the K-1. In fact any K-mount lens works fine. If the lens is not FF just switch to crop and you still have all of the sophisticated controls of the K-1. Many crop lenses will even work fairly well in FF.

10-14-2019, 07:25 PM   #32
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for that information.
10-16-2019, 02:34 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for sharing. The K-P clearly performs very well and is a nice size for sure. Pity the likes of DP Review didn't take it seriously.

Still enjoying my K-1 though!
10-16-2019, 04:11 AM   #34
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Same here. The only question I had; would the KP be an upgrade to my K3? Very little difference per review specs. K3 has 8.3 fps cont. shooting, vs 7 fps KP. Don't know how important this would ever be. I also noticed that the KP has the USB 2.0, while the K3 has the USB 3. This could make a difference down the road for connectivity.

I would lose the top LCD, but gain tilt back LCD on KP. Just don't know if there's enough difference for the price. I had considered the K1, however been reading about what lenses can/cannot be used with it.
I've never had any use for the top lcd; I don't even know what kind of photography it'd be good for. Got one on the K-1, and can barely read it.

My KP was an upgrade from K-50. At the time I bought the K-50, the choice was between that one and the K2. When I bought the KP, it was that or the K3. Each has features the other lacks, and it seems is clearly directed at a certain kind of photography. K3 is better for action, KP for macro/landscapes. Each appears to be a slightly different subset of the K-1's characteristics.

10-16-2019, 08:02 AM   #35
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I constantly use the top LCD; adjusting settings during shootings. Very easy to just glance down and adjust.

As far as what type of photography it's good for? I do wildlife, landscape, macro, everything but video.

Last edited by csa; 10-16-2019 at 08:24 AM.
10-18-2019, 02:01 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveinSLC Quote
I guess the question is what is valued more, price or quality?
The conclusion from the video is that the K-1 is better. In a variety of ways. But it is more expensive.
If cost is the main consideration, why not get the K-70? According to Adam's tests here, the image quality is almost the same between the K-70 and the KP. And the K-70 is cheaper yet(and a little lighter). I actually decided on that as my secondary/travel camera option.
K70 is a great value camera especially now that it is priced below $500...
10-19-2019, 11:37 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Looking at the price drops you have there, it makes me envious that I can't buy Pentax cams at those prices here. K70 at $500 and Kp at $699.95 is a steal.