Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Hi Paul,

You're showing improvement! Practice, practice...

Am I correct in guessing you don't want to see my sports images with a K1000? I'll have to scan them...

Regards,
Marc

Last edited by Marc Langille; 11-02-2008 at 02:37 PM.
11-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My K10D is more than adequate for certain sports, such as tennis. For other sports like indoor volleyball, it can be more frustrating. In the former, burst rate doesn't matter, but in the latter, it helps a lot.

With tennis, you can focus on one player and you will be guaranteed many shots to choose from. Sure, you might miss some of the more unusual shots, but in general I've been happy with results. Plus the background is relatively clean (either the court or the fence).

In indoor volleyball, it's nearly impossible to track the ball while zoomed in, especially off a spike. You could then focus on a particular player, but given the number of players and the number of times the ball is hit, you'll have a lot fewer shots to choose from. Plus, the indoor low-light nature and the background is more of a problem.

So I now tell friends that Pentax can be used for sports, with a caveat. You can still get great shots, but without a high-speed burst mode, you'll be selecting from far fewer numbers of pictures.