Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2018, 07:45 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What type of sports shooting do you do? The issue with sports is usually getting high enough shutter speeds in less than perfect lighting conditions. If it’s a major priority and you’re on a limited budget you might look into picking up the Canon 100mm f/2 or 85mm f/1.8. Both are very fast focusing, relatively cheap and have better optics than you would normally get from lower end zoom lenses.

08-06-2018, 08:24 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My 2 cents. What's the budget? What's the sport(s) you want to capture? What does the current camera/lens combo do poorly that needs improvement? What lenses do you have today?

Every camera brand available today makes good pictures but some combinations of body and lens will do better than others at certain jobs.
08-06-2018, 08:33 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
My 2 cents. What's the budget? What's the sport(s) you want to capture? What does the current camera/lens combo do poorly that needs improvement? What lenses do you have today?

Every camera brand available today makes good pictures but some combinations of body and lens will do better than others at certain jobs.
I agree with this completely. I think the order of importance is as follows.
- budget
- desired subjects
- shooting conditions