Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2018, 05:26 PM - 1 Like   #46

Original Poster
Just to update this thread, I wanted to swing around to the forum and let everyone know I started a new job, as a Sales Operations Manager, for a manufacturing company. Its outside my prior industry, so it should be far less volatile. It is, however, a steep learning curve. I feel as though I've been drinking from a firehose for the past few days. It will all come together, I'm sure, and I'm excited about the opportunity and the potential stability.

Thanks again to the great folks on this forum, and to the member who gifted me a beautiful (nearly new) K-5. My new job has a 45mi commute (one way) so I'll be dragging the K-5 along in case I see anything along the way which warrants photographing. Almost had a very close shot of a Red-Tailed Hawk today, but it happened awfully fast and I was doing about 70mph. He literally flew about a foot in front of my windshield! I wouldn't really try to snap that pic, but there will be other opportunities to grab some nice pics, I'm sure.

I'll try to post some along the way but right now I'm studying a lot of new material so very busy. Hope all is well with everyone here. PM me if anyone needs help finding a job. I've gotten pretty good at it.

09-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #47
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dubyam Quote
Just to update this thread, I wanted to swing around to the forum and let everyone know I started a new job, as a Sales Operations Manager, for a manufacturing company. Its outside my prior industry, so it should be far less volatile. It is, however, a steep learning curve. I feel as though I've been drinking from a firehose for the past few days. It will all come together, I'm sure, and I'm excited about the opportunity and the potential stability.
Thanks for the update, and many congratulations on your new job - that's great news!! Enjoy it, and the K-5, in good health
09-26-2018, 10:56 AM   #48

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
A KS2 or K70 would add a flippy screen for low angle shots and macro. Another K3 would have the better build and same control layout.

That would be my general recommendation as well. Lighter than the K-3 but similar sensors and same lens options.
What do you use the second body for? Is it an active body that you use to have an optional lens choice (eg. Wide angle on K-3 and Telephoto on second body)?
09-27-2018, 02:24 PM   #49

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by R. Wethereyet Quote
That would be my general recommendation as well. Lighter than the K-3 but similar sensors and same lens options.
What do you use the second body for? Is it an active body that you use to have an optional lens choice (eg. Wide angle on K-3 and Telephoto on second body)?
Thanks for your input. The point is somewhat moot now, as I have a backup body again, as described above. But to answer your use question, the backup really serves three purposes. First, as a second lens (as you surmised, with differing focal length and purpose), second as a fail safe against being without a functioning body if something happened to my K-3, and third, as a "keep in the truck" option (with a utility lens) without having to carry around my full kit every day.