08-30-2018, 08:53 AM   #151

Photos: Gallery
UserAccessDenied, donation to our sin cave is good idea too

08-30-2018, 09:57 AM   #152
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I already do a yearly donation!

Now that I think about it I have found a good used 645z kit for 5k before. Perhaps that would eb the best way to spend 5k if it needed to be spent on Pentax gear.
08-30-2018, 10:33 AM   #153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Five grand would buy five new K-70's and five new DA 35mm HD Ltd's with enough left over for some aluminum square tubing and cheap ball heads to make a five-shot pano rig.

Naw, I like my first answer better.
08-30-2018, 03:33 PM - 1 Like   #154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
When have I been grumpy? I have my occasional moments like anyone else, but I'd like to think they're few and far between. Sometimes my moderating activities don't meet with everyone's approval, but that goes with the territory. Can't please everyone all of the time, right?

Only teasing Mike, I apologise if it came across as you (personally) were grumpy, it was just a dig at mods in general who are often called upon to make calls, which will please some of the people, some of the time, nothing more than that.
Cheers

PS: Bugger....now I realise I have probably upset ALL the mods....oh well...the shoulders are broad and the hide thick.

08-30-2018, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #155
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Only teasing Mike, I apologise if it came across as you (personally) were grumpy, it was just a dig at mods in general who are often called upon to make calls, which will please some of the people, some of the time, nothing more than that.
Cheers

PS: Bugger....now I realise I have probably upset ALL the mods....oh well...the shoulders are broad and the hide thick.
No, no... I didn't take it personally, and you haven't upset anyone... I was genuinely wondering if / when and where I'd been grumpy I mean, I think I keep it together most of the time, but I'm a million miles from perfect
08-30-2018, 06:44 PM - 1 Like   #156
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Cheers

Upsetting ALL the mods is a very bad idea, Mallee Boy. They might start plotting against you in some unknown nefarious way, and you might have to make many, many more posts in the next 24 hours to avoid personal catastrophe.
08-30-2018, 06:48 PM - 1 Like   #157
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Let me help out:

Oh Great and Masterful BigMackCam, please forgive my (Mallee Boy) transgressions against the order of mods. I will perform any penance required, as long as it consists of many more K-1mk2 posts for the win.

See, that's all that's required. Oh, repeated 50 times in separate posts.

08-31-2018, 07:55 AM   #158
Pentaxian

With $5,000 to spend, I'd probably just get all the DA* & current DA Limited lenses. I'd have to buy them used to be able to get them all for under $5,000.
08-31-2018, 04:12 PM   #159
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Let me help out:

Oh Great and Masterful BigMackCam, please forgive my (Mallee Boy) transgressions against the order of mods. I will perform any penance required, as long as it consists of many more K-1mk2 posts for the win.

See, that's all that's required. Oh, repeated 50 times in separate posts.

I sorta don't work like that.....but also a pragmatist.

50 ! really....any appeal on that ?

---------- Post added 09-01-18 at 10:14 AM ----------

No, no... I didn't take it personally, and you haven't upset anyone... I was genuinely wondering if / when and where I'd been grumpy I mean, I think I keep it together most of the time, but I'm a million miles from perfect

All good....perfection is beautiful, and I love it, but rarely achieve it.

08-31-2018, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #160
dbs
Pentaxian

Hmmmm.....does a ticket to Florida to carry Le Rolls' gear on his next shoot count ?....I might get to drive the Jeep. ;-)

Ok, given that the grumpy mod will probably rule that one out, I am then torn between a 15-30, 24-70 & 150-450, plus extra batteries, filters etc or using it as a deposit on a 645.
Decisions, decisions, decisions to ponder as I make my way to the post office.
Hi Mallee

Don't.......call him that........ggeesshh

We'll nver get the B&^&^&y cheque now

Dave
08-31-2018, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another shameless fun thread to help boost the post count for the raffle... If you're tired of them, feel free to ignore, but please consider posting

OK...

You're given USD $5,000 (approximately GBP £4,000, AUD $6,800, or equivalent in your local currency)... but you have to spend it within one month (or you lose it), on any or all of the following:

- Pentax-branded camera body or bodies - new or used, digital or film
- K, M42, Q, 645 or adaptable-mount lens(es) - any brand, new or used
- Accessories of any type - remotes, lighting and modifiers, tripods, filters, adapters etc.

The budget can be topped up with your own funds if it's insufficient. You can only choose equipment that is currently available in the new or used market (no waiting for planned or fictional yet-to-be-released products ).

Remember - you must spend it all in a month, or you lose it.... and only on the items listed (hardly a chore, right? )

How would you spend the money - and in the context of your existing kit, why?

Note: Apologies if the choice of forum for this post offends, but I couldn't think of a more suitable forum
I would jump to medium format , I have a complete set for apsc and just need a sub 24mm for my K1 to complete a ff kit and as a graduation present for my photography degree I think I would jump to the 645 series
08-31-2018, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #162
dbs
Pentaxian

Cheers

Hi Mallee

But......can ...you....swim...?

Dave
08-31-2018, 04:36 PM - 1 Like   #163
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Mallee

But......can ...you....swim...?

Dave

this hole just keeps getting deeper

Cheers
Grant
08-31-2018, 04:38 PM   #164
dbs
Pentaxian

this hole just keeps getting deeper

Cheers
Grant
Hi Mallee

YEP

Anyway must try and catch up with you and Noel sometime. The weather should start to warm up a bit

Dave