Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-19-2018, 10:08 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Light transmission curves for the K5 to K1 cameras. Anyone know where to get them?

Does anyone have or know where I could get the light transmission curves for the K5, K5ii, K5iis, K3, K3ii, K1, K70, and KP low pass filter? I want to see how much light gets to the sensor in the 656nm and 672nm wavelengths.

08-19-2018, 10:12 PM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Does anyone have or know where I could get the light transmission curves for the K5, K5ii, K5iis, K3, K3ii, K1, K70, and KP low pass filter?
All but the K-5 and K-5II don't have low-pass filters.

Steve
08-20-2018, 07:05 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I think the OP wants to know about the combined low pass filter (if present, aka antialiasing filter) plus IR cut filter. Pentax DSLRs without low pass still have the IR cut filter.

Anecdotally, when doing astrophotography I notice that my K-1 blocks hydrogen-alpha 656nm much less aggressively than the K-5 does.

(corrected. 656nm, not mm)

Last edited by DeadJohn; 08-20-2018 at 11:35 AM.
08-20-2018, 07:42 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I can't help on the ones you have listed but I posted the transmission for the K-01 bandpass (UV/IR cut) filter (post #5) which should be similar to the ones you listed. There could be some variation at the wavelengths you mentioned due to manufacturing differences.

UV/Haze filters - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by Bob 256; 08-20-2018 at 07:49 AM.
08-20-2018, 09:17 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
I think the OP wants to know about the combined low pass filter (if present, aka antialiasing filter) plus IR cut filter. Pentax DSLRs without low pass still have the IR cut filter.

Anecdotally, when doing astrophotography I notice that my K-1 blocks hydrogen-alpha 656mm much less aggressively than the K-5 does.
Yep, that's exactly what I am looking for.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
All but the K-5 and K-5II don't have low-pass filters.

Steve
They do, but to cut UV and IR only or else they would be giving full spectrum images.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
I can't help on the ones you have listed but I posted the transmission for the K-01 bandpass (UV/IR cut) filter (post #5) which should be similar to the ones you listed. There could be some variation at the wavelengths you mentioned due to manufacturing differences.

UV/Haze filters - PentaxForums.com
THanks! Now if I could only get those for the listed cameras. Basically I want to do another astro camera to go along with what I am using, my K1, K3, and full spectrum K-01.