Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2018, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #1
Banned

Photos: Albums
What the heck?

Well, it's great, guys, it's very strange to me that I've been popularizing the brand for more than two years, I have millions of views of my photos, where it says that I use only Pentax, and K-1 is given to someone in the Lottery.
Where is justice, the Pentax Corporation!?

Last edited by BigMackCam; 08-26-2018 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Links removed by moderator due to inappropriate behaviour
08-22-2018, 08:59 AM - 4 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Yuri Leo Quote
Well, it's great, guys, it's very strange to me that I've been popularizing the brand for more than two years, I have millions of views of my photos, where it says that I use only Pentax, and K-1 is given to someone in the Lottery.
Just two years?
Newbie.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 08-26-2018 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Edit quoted post
08-22-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
wait, what?
08-22-2018, 09:01 AM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Just two years?
Newbie.
It does not matter how long ago, baby, the main thing is how)))

08-22-2018, 09:04 AM - 7 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think you should be awarded the First Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

While I don;t doubt that you may have done a good job at advertising pentax I don't see the connection with the lottery
08-22-2018, 09:07 AM   #6

Just 32 years for me, but not enough posts.
You are right though if the K1 needs to be got of, then reluctantly I will take it off their hands
08-22-2018, 09:07 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
I think you should be awarded the First Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

Montgomery Burns Award for outstanding achievement - YouTube

While I don;t doubt that you may have done a good job at advertising pentax I don't see the connection with the lottery
Too funny. Pentax forum is not Pentax Corp.

But I can tell you they do pay attention. A few years ago at a Photogrpahy Trade show I introduced myself to one of the reps, and all the sudden people at the booth were shoving cameras in my hands (then the 645D) and insisting I check out the then just released DA 560. They didn't offer to make an Ambassador though, so I guess I'm just not their kind of guy. as in all the Ambassadors I know of are working pros. I'm s just guy who walks around taking pictures.)

It may appear they aren't paying attention, but they do more than people think they are. As far as i can tell the Pentax Ambassadors are picked from high profile Pentax photographers. Stay high profile and maybe you've got a shot.

Last edited by normhead; 08-22-2018 at 09:32 AM.
08-22-2018, 09:07 AM   #8
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote

Montgomery Burns Award for outstanding achievement - YouTube

Relax, baby, this is a comic post, but well done, that you react))))
08-22-2018, 09:08 AM   #9

Wow! I love your portraits. Congrats Yuri.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 08-26-2018 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Edited quoted post
08-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #10
Site Supporter

I don’t get what your talking about. Pentax should give you a camera because you shoot with Pentax? It says you are a professional. I have no idea who you are and have not seen any articles by you touting the benefits of shooting Pentax. So why should Pentax give you a camera. Buy one like everyone else. Being a professional you should be able to afford to purchase your own.
08-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
A few years ago at a Photgrpahy Trade show I introduced myself to one of the reps, and all the sudden people att he booth wereshovng cameras in my hands
Let me guess, getting used to typing on a new mobile phone? Or are you on a roller coaster?
08-22-2018, 09:25 AM - 2 Likes   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steve_k Quote
I don’t get what your talking about. Pentax should give you a camera because you shoot with Pentax? It says you are a professional. I have no idea who you are and have not seen any articles by you touting the benefits of shooting Pentax. So why should Pentax give you a camera. Buy one like everyone else. Being a professional you should be able to afford to purchase your own.
Because he wants one?
Personally, I think Pentax should've given me a camera as well. Me and about 10,000 other Pentax shooters.
When you spend as much time as I do explaining what a "Pentax" is, you should get something besides great pictures.

If I shot Canon or Nikon, people would just say "Of course you do." They look at my Pentax and say "What the hell is that?" When you buy into Pentax, you commit to a life of answering questions.
08-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Relax, baby, this is a comic post, but well done, that you react))))
Oh! I get it! It is not another mindless rant. It is supposed to make me grin and laugh.

I am so glad that is clear and the laughter did me good. Very funny photos, BTW.

Steve

(...at least I think it was laughter...it might have been gas...)
08-22-2018, 09:31 AM - 2 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Let me guess, getting used to typing on a new mobile phone? Or are you on a roller coaster?
It's an area of concern at my age to be sure.
But it's also a life long thing. I make so many mistakes in a single line, usually a few typos get by me.
I survive because of the tolerance of the forum, and people's abilities to understand what I'm saying even though I can't figure out some of it myself.

I've honestly had posts I went back a few days later, and wondered what i was trying to say.

But bottom line, they all count towards the post total, legible or not.

If I'd taken typing in HS, I wouldn't have been eligible to go to university. I took Latin instead. And I can still count to five in Latin.

Last edited by normhead; 08-22-2018 at 06:08 PM.
08-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Lovely portraits Yuri! Keep posting and sharing and you can get in the raffle.
Closed Thread