Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 214 Likes Search this Thread
08-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As far as I can tell the mistake has been corrected. I can't find the listing. They can't even make 51 MP FF without serious pixel cross talk issue, which also delayed the original K-3 for 6 months while they came up with work arounds. That on only 24 MP.

08-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #107

QuoteOriginally posted by northcoastgreg Quote
Which is very odd, because if the price is correct (or close to correct), it would suggest something along the lines as a KP update. But why would Pentax be updating, or introducing an APS-C camera at the same price point, of their most recent APS-C camera? It becomes even more puzzling when we reflect on how long since there's been a significant update to Pentax's flagship APS-C DSLR line.
Same price point could mean a minor update of the KP, but on the other hand, the unrounded price is weird too.
08-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #108
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Pentax KZ922 BLACK
SKU: IPXKZ922
We are sorry, this item is no longer available.
For your convenience, we have redirected you to a list of similar items so you may make an alternate selection.

Pentax KZ922 BLACK
08-24-2018, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Funny what the google translator makes out of it...

08-24-2018, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #110
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
And I'm sure after he hung up, he looked right at the buyer and said, "that'll keep those Pentax Forums folks talking for a few weeks!" :P

I'm sure indeed! Also wondering if they are having a word with their webmaster

I threw out that there were two listings and what the prices where and was one medium format and the other APS-C? He didn't flinch.

08-24-2018, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #111
Forum Member

I hope they will find another name for this camera, if it exists and if they release it. In Germany, "KZ" is the common abbreviation for "Konzentrationslager", the nazi concentration and extermination camps.
A cam called KZ would be a marketing disaster in Germany and not be salable here around, I`afraid...
08-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #112
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax KZ922 BLACK

SKU: IPXKZ922 We are sorry, this item is no longer available.

For your convenience, we have redirected you to a list of similar items so you may make an alternate selection.

08-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #113

QuoteOriginally posted by chti Quote
I hope they will find another name for this camera, if it exists and if they release it. In Germany, "KZ" is the common abbreviation for "Konzentrationslager", the nazi concentration and extermination camps.
A cam called KZ would be a marketing disaster in Germany and not be salable here around, I`afraid...
That hears terrible. Maybe you may kindly notify the German dealer to prevent in advance.
08-24-2018, 08:28 AM - 3 Likes   #114

An Italian Pentax Ambassador has just said on Generazione Pentax, an Italian pentaxian group, the following:
-Wait for Photokina, I can't say other -.

And then: -I can say nothing, but hold on to your Pentax gears-.
And finally: -I just saying... we have to be REALLY optimistic. Wait patiently just a little-.

Wait and hope
08-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #115
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ayersliao Quote
That hears terrible. Maybe you may kindly notify the German dealer to prevent in advance.
If that really is the name of a new camera, it's far too late to change the name.
08-24-2018, 08:31 AM   #116
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yucafrita Quote
Funny what the google translator makes out of it...
lots of talk about knifes lol
08-24-2018, 08:31 AM - 1 Like   #117
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Abulafia Quote
An Italian Pentax Ambassador has just said on Generazione Pentax, an Italian pentaxian group, the following:
-Wait for Photokina, I can't say other -.

And then: -I can say nothing, but hold on to your Pentax gears-.
And finally: -I just saying... we have to be REALLY optimistic. Wait patiently just a little-.

Wait and hope
He may have an NDA Ninja sitting next to him.

Photokina might be more interesting than we had expected
08-24-2018, 08:34 AM   #118
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
If that really is the name of a new camera, it's far too late to change the name.
This would be desastrous, I guess Germany is one of the most important markets in Europe for Ricoh.
08-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been traveling extensively for the last three months and not checking web sites so I am wondering how long the K-3ii has been listed as closeout on Adorama and not listed at all on B&H?
08-24-2018, 08:38 AM   #120
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OldPentaxFan Quote
I've been traveling extensively for the last three months and not checking web sites so I am wondering how long the K-3ii has been listed as closeout on Adorama and not listed at all on B&H?
if memory serves, B H was still selling the K 3 II and battery grip in the spring

perhaps March??