Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2018, 08:56 AM   #136
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by filmamigo Quote
We run lots of web-based databases at work. Training and demos are supposed to happen on staging servers and never see the light of day.

But it's not uncommon to see someone being trained on the production system.

"See, you just click here, enter a name... I'll just make up a Pentax [hits random keys] KZ922.... enter some data... these fields are mandatory, so we'll say the specs are 8.3FPS.... and when it's all done, you just click the POST button." [CLICK] "You mean like that?" "Ah..... yeah.... let me submit a request to get that deleted...."
if you are right, it reminds me of the false alarm in Hawaii on a supposed incoming missile

Hawaii Missile Warning - Bing News

Hawaii missile alert: How one employee 'pushed the wrong button' and caused a wave of panic

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-hawaii-false-missile-alert...114-story.html

08-24-2018, 08:57 AM - 2 Likes   #137
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"See, you just click here, enter a name... I'll just make up a Pentax [hits random keys] KZ922.... enter some data... these fields are mandatory, so we'll say the specs are 8.3FPS.... and when it's all done, you just click the POST button." [CLICK] "You mean like that?" "Ah..... yeah.... let me submit a request to get that deleted...."
Obvious nonsense - on with the speculation... !
08-24-2018, 08:57 AM - 1 Like   #138
Pentaxian

From Italy Pentax ambassadors: "hold your gears, there is to be very optimistic... start saving money". My note: talking to them "gears" could be more than a format.
08-24-2018, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #139

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
From Italy Pentax ambassadors: "hold your gears, there is to be very optimistic... start saving money". My note: talking to them "gears" could be more than a format.
Ehy, l'avevo detto io una pagina fa!

It seems we're proud of our ambassador and his news

08-24-2018, 09:06 AM   #140
Pentaxian

I thought about this... evidence.
It might be a genuine leak. It's possible that someone at Adorama started the product pages, without hiding them (or publishing them by mistake - however their content management system works).

But, if that's the case, what do we know? Well... nothing except that there will be a new Pentax camera offered in Black and Silver.
If my optimistic supposition is true, no real information was yet entered on those pages.
08-24-2018, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #141
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hoping this is an accident that will turn into a brilliant buzz creator before a new release this fall. It's almost like Ricoh pulled off a marketing success to create some stir here. Accident?

08-24-2018, 09:17 AM   #142
Veteran Member

is there a roadmap for bodies like there is for lenses?

08-24-2018, 09:18 AM - 1 Like   #143
Pentaxian

^ No. They just release whatever they want whenever they want.
08-24-2018, 09:20 AM - 1 Like   #144
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
is there a roadmap for bodies like there is for lenses?
No public one like for lenses.
08-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #145
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Abulafia Quote
Ehy, l'avevo detto io una pagina fa!

It seems we're proud of our ambassador and his news
E mica ho letto tutte le pagine.... lo tolgo?
08-24-2018, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #146
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
whoa, but prolly a typo. KZ922 - haven't heard Pentax use a name this complicated before unless maybe for the now-gone point and shoots
maybe it's a scheme to get people to look up the Pentax section of their inventory in hopes it can generate sales on the side...
QuoteOriginally posted by steve_k Quote
Another thought about the name. What if KZ is the name of the new camera and 922 is the release date 9/22?
Photokina is 09/26-29. KZ is either code or the actual model designation. 922 would be the announcement date - details at Photokina. The specs would be a smokescreen.

They’ve done similar before - it’s the only way they can capture eyeballs. Expect more leaks weekly - shadowy images soon.
08-24-2018, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #147
Pentaxian

We run lots of web-based databases at work. Training and demos are supposed to happen on staging servers and never see the light of day.

But it's not uncommon to see someone being trained on the production system.

In my jobs we had a "sandbox" for playing in - testing, training, etc. At my last job we provided software for radio/TV stations, and we were very cautious about what we did with 'live' sites .... but amateurs might be more reckless.
08-24-2018, 09:21 AM - 2 Likes   #148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the only theory that makes any sense to me is that B&H hacked the Adorama website then tipped off the OP so that they could increase their chances of selling another K-1 - or even a K-1ii without reputational damage to themselves

Last edited by ffking; 08-24-2018 at 09:27 AM.
08-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #149
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Photokina is 09/26-29. KZ is either code or the actual model designation. 922 would be the announcement date - details at Photokina. The specs would be a smokescreen.

They’ve done similar before - it’s the only way they can capture eyeballs. Expect more leaks weekly - shadowy images soon.
Hopefully before the end of August {think K-1ii}
08-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #150
Veteran Member

Since we need to drive the post count up, instead of speculating on what it can be, can we speculate on what it cannot be? For example, the 645 is getting old, but if they release a new 645, won't they have to update lenses as well? And Pentax is behind in FF lens department, so can they work on 2 new lines of lenses?... Unless they are behind in FF lens department because they've been working on 645 lenses...