Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Stickers!

08-28-2018, 10:58 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
For me it would have to be something attainable. All new cameras are beyond my means but at least the KP is in realistic touching distance. A sleek and slim as possible K3iii gets my vote, that or a top notch mirror less and free adapter for k mount

---------- Post added 08-28-18 at 10:59 PM ----------

Or a big box of branded SMU's for all pentaxians
08-29-2018, 12:13 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
A K-1 with a vintage Pentax look
now that's something different completely

It's funny, incidentally, how people blame the size on DSLRs on the mirror, whereas my LX, for example, is only about 6 cm deep - there are many factors at work in a digital camera, of which te mirror is just one.

I'd love to see a digital version of one of the classic Pentaxes - but I suspect the KPis as close as we're going to get.
08-29-2018, 12:25 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would love to see a concept camera from Pentax! I mean like the concept cars that are presented in major exhibitions from most manufacturers...

If money were not a factor and as a demonstration of Ricoh-Pentax innovation and technology this is a prototype with the most advanced features and design that we can develop-combine in a camera!

Now that would be something beautiful and would answer many Pentaxians(?) questions and doubts!

08-29-2018, 01:44 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
I would love to see a concept camera from Pentax! I mean like the concept cars that are presented in major exhibitions from most manufacturers...

If money were not a factor and as a demonstration of Ricoh-Pentax innovation and technology this is a prototype with the most advanced features and design that we can develop-combine in a camera!
Agreed - that would be interesting, and good for traffic - as long as the patents were sorted out first and it didn't give those with deeper pockets ideas
08-29-2018, 02:00 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote

It's funny, incidentally, how people blame the size on DSLRs on the mirror, whereas my LX, for example, is only about 6 cm deep - there are many factors at work in a digital camera, of which te mirror is just one.

I'd love to see a digital version of one of the classic Pentaxes - but I suspect the KPis as close as we're going to get.
Yes, you're right! Of course, in a DSLR you have the sensor and it's carrier frame, the motherboard and the screen assembly, all stacked. That's not helping the thickness. All we have in a regular SLR is the film carrier. So, what if they stacked the motherboard where the film used to be. That could help with the thickness. And a more old-fashioned shape.
08-29-2018, 04:03 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
For me it would have to be something attainable. All new cameras are beyond my means but at least the KP is in realistic touching distance. A sleek and slim as possible K3iii gets my vote, that or a top notch mirror less and free adapter for k mount

---------- Post added 08-28-18 at 10:59 PM ----------

Or a big box of branded SMU's for all pentaxians
A kp mkii that's a D500 competitor along with DCI 4K video recording, would be awesome. + excellent battery life!

---------- Post added 08-29-18 at 04:04 AM ----------

Lx was film and this is digital. So there's lots of stuff inside the camera.

08-29-2018, 04:06 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyG. Quote
A kp mkii that's a D500 competitor along with DCI 4K video recording, would be awesome. + excellent battery life!
I somehow don't think that would come under the KP form factor - but who knows?
08-29-2018, 04:31 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I somehow don't think that would come under the KP form factor - but who knows?
I think if they make it, it would be awesome! No doubt it would be a little bit bigger! Also a top display like XH-1 and two tier dials!
08-29-2018, 10:18 AM - 1 Like   #40

Photos: Albums
I think PENTAX would release new lenses for FF camera and both. And K1 Mark II, KP or new cameras are on big sale and with coupon. At least in my country, the policy of the Kp is that the D-BG7 battery grip is a gift until the end of Sep., But I hope they can release KP Mark II... such as improving shutter speed, buffer, and focusing ability. And Kp owners can upgrade to Kp Mark II with little money...
08-29-2018, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote

Now that would be something beautiful and would answer many Pentaxians(?) questions and doubts!
That's brilliant! I would love to see it too! A 3000$ camera from Pentax, that'll blow the lids other manufacturers!
12-19-2018, 12:51 PM - 5 Likes   #42

Photos: Albums
12-19-2018, 02:36 PM - 2 Likes   #43
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Some more conjecture on what the new year will bring us:

Hints about future Pentax products (plus the original Pentax K-1 from 2000) - Pentax Rumors
12-19-2018, 07:02 PM - 2 Likes   #44
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote

Already discussed Hints about future products on Twitter - PentaxForums.com
12-20-2018, 10:20 AM - 1 Like   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Asahi Optical Co and successors no longer exists. It was wholly merged into Hoya Corp. Pentax isn’t a company, per se. It is just a brand of cameras and lenses marketed by Ricoh Imaging Co. Ltd., and not even a trade name until 1957 or so. If Ricoh does anything to mark the 100th Anniversary of the Asahi Optical Co. It will be purely a marketing gimmick.
...and if Pentax were still in its original form, it would be a marketing gimmick.