Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #16
Inactive Account

You can just leave the "Use Aperture Ring" setting on all the time with no ill affect.

09-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by amyf Quote
Thanks again everyone. I have played around with my lenses and camera. I have found the "A" on my zoom lens, but I don't have the "A" on my 50mm.

I was able to change the "use aperture ring" when using my zoom so that my camera can control the aperture automatically just as you said.

I just need to change the "use aperture ring" setting again so that I can use the 50mm lens. No big deal.
no need to change the setting. Select it to always use apature ring, in this way, if there is an A lens mounted, and set in A the camera body controls the apature , otherwise the apature ring when Not in A controls it. Your 50mm will work as soon as you mount it.

What has amazed everyone where (not this thread, but this forum) is that the thing is set to not use apature ring, when the cameras are marketed to work with all the lenses pentax ever made. Go figure
09-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
no need to change the setting. Select it to always use apature ring, in this way, if there is an A lens mounted, and set in A the camera body controls the apature , otherwise the apature ring when Not in A controls it. Your 50mm will work as soon as you mount it.

What has amazed everyone where (not this thread, but this forum) is that the thing is set to not use apature ring, when the cameras are marketed to work with all the lenses pentax ever made. Go figure
They don't want too much LBA