Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
10-29-2018, 01:58 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
I started my plunge into photography many years ago with the Pentax Kx, then bought a K20D. I used these cameras for years, but then the "bigger is better" bug hit and I bought my first full frame, a Nikon D600.

Years have passed, I got deeply into film, namely large format and medium format, even wet plate.

A few months ago, I saved up enough to get another Pentax, a 645D (bigger is better right? ). I am in LOVE with the CCD and files it creates.

Now, just this week I have come full circle and ordered a used K-1 from KEH. It will be here tomorrow.

I still have a lot of my favorite Takumar lenses from my early days with the Kx and K20D. I can't wait to start using them again, along with having IBS and using all the bells and whistles on my new (to me) Pentax.
I've had a lot of fun with old lenses - I hope you do too. Welcome back!

10-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
How far are you from light pollution? Astro photography is really neat, but I figured in the middle of the East coast here with the glow of two cities in opposite directions in my night sky would be so much light pollution as to be pointless. Wonder if I should give it a shot anyway.
In this forum, PeteXL shoots nebula with a telescope in a light polluted location, there are filters to knock some of that out too. Red intensifier filters for regular lenses or City Light Suppression (CLS) [read; expensive] filters for telescopes. Also, look up Astrobackyard on youtube for hours of entertainment and Lonely Speck on t'internet.
10-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
How far are you from light pollution? Astro photography is really neat, but I figured in the middle of the East coast here with the glow of two cities in opposite directions in my night sky would be so much light pollution as to be pointless. Wonder if I should give it a shot anyway.
This was shot from my backyard in Loveland, Colorado.

When the moon is not out, on a clear night I can very faintly see the Milky Way. When I shot this image, there was a near full moon and clouds just a little below the galaxy, so there was a considerable amount of skyglow.
10-30-2018, 05:40 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
In this forum, PeteXL shoots nebula with a telescope in a light polluted location, there are filters to knock some of that out too. Red intensifier filters for regular lenses or City Light Suppression (CLS) [read; expensive] filters for telescopes. Also, look up Astrobackyard on youtube for hours of entertainment and Lonely Speck on t'internet.
QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
This was shot from my backyard in Loveland, Colorado.

When the moon is not out, on a clear night I can very faintly see the Milky Way. When I shot this image, there was a near full moon and clouds just a little below the galaxy, so there was a considerable amount of skyglow.
Thanks all for the feedback. Gives me something to think about.