Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2018, 01:05 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DC power supply for K-5 or -7

Hey all,

There was a great DIY article by a helpful fellow named Bob who figured out what Molex connector was needed for the 8.4V power input, how to wire everything up, and all the details. But the link has gone dark. Does anybody have the requisite info? I can dig up the part number for the voltage regulator, but the pinouts and connector P/N elude me. Since my astrophotography setup needs to run for hours uninterrupted, it would be delightful if I could run it off the big 12V for my mount and computer, rather than swapping LI-90s.

Thanks!

10-20-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K-AC-50 from Amazon, 20 dollars....

Amazon.com : HQRP AC Adapter for Pentax K-AC132 38780 fits K-1, K-3, K-3II, K-5II, K-5IIs Digital SLR Camera Power Supply Cord + Euro Plug Adapter : Camera & Photo
10-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, the link to "Bob" has gone dead. For those that are interested, here is the thread on the subject here at PF. Perhaps one could ping one of the contributors for help?

DIY K-5 Power Supply from 12V battery - PentaxForums.com

This article might also be helpful (fittings are the same for both K10D and K-5)...

https://roamingdrone.wordpress.com/2008/09/26/diy-ac-adaptor-for-the-pentax-k10d/

Steve
10-20-2018, 08:22 PM   #4

Original Poster
Well, I suppose I could buy the adapter, cut the DC end off, and throw away the AC part. Cheap source for the plug, and I could test for the pinouts. Thanks!

---------- Post added 10-20-18 at 22:24 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yes, the link to "Bob" has gone dead. For those that are interested, here is the thread on the subject here at PF. Perhaps one could ping one of the contributors for help?

DIY K-5 Power Supply from 12V battery - PentaxForums.com

This article might also be helpful (fittings are the same for both K10D and K-5)...

DIY AC Adapter for The Pentax K10D and K20D | The Roaming Drone

Steve
Poifect! The drone article has everything I need, I believe. Thanks!

10-20-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fewayne Quote
Poifect! The drone article has everything I need, I believe. Thanks!
Be sure and read the comments. There is important discussion regarding voltage drop and load.

Steve