Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2018, 05:15 PM   #106

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My own suspicion is that an official Pentax technical rep probably has more understanding of the issue than the speculators here on the forum.
in germany the issue has been receive ackknowledgement very well, her name is Mrs. Isabelle Hodiamont, inofficial german Pentax-ambassador (she works for AC-Photo in Aachen, germany) has written some day ago here Pentax - Wozu genau und was wünscht IHR euch? ? Pentaxians

Ansonsten gebe ich Dir völlig Recht, das hätte anders laufen müssen. Die Abwicklung der defekten Blendensteuerung und auch die SDM Ausfälle sind mehr als ärgerlich
translation with google and make few correction to it:
Otherwise, I agree with you completely right, that would have to run differently. The handling (by Ricoh) of the defective aperture block and the SDM failures are more than annoying.

Isabelle make acknowledgement in this forum that it is issue. She have personal contact to Mr. Iwasaki of germany Ricoh and Mr. Shimamoto of japan of Ricoh. All know very well about issue. Is not small thing. Maybe is only bigger thing in germany. With old MZ series we receive cheaper plastic teethweel made in singapore go easy damage but in japan is made with metal.

I know also from other Pentax repair place is official for Pentax:
Reparatur PENTAX Kameras - KAMERAZEIT ist offizieller PENTAX Servicepartner
And I know another one who make repair for biggest salesplace in germany its name is SATURN. Is in every big town of Germany. He tell me Saturn throw Pentax out of product selection because of many failure and return for repair because of shutter issue. Some customer very upset. Not is speculation i think.

11-21-2018, 11:15 PM   #107
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Pentax started producing lenses without aperture rings in 2003 (the FA-J series). It's not just wide angle, it's all modern Pentax lenses that are unusuable on a camera with aperture block failure.
Hmmmm...five current product Pentax lenses have aperture rings. The FA-J series was sort of a dead branch (three zooms) and was hardly a blip on the screen compared to the number and variety of FA-series lenses, all of which have aperture rings.

I would not suggest that as a solution to your camera woes with the K-30. If it were me, I would pay whatever the going rate is for a reputable repair and then shoot like a demon to make sure I got my money's worth before the lubricants and such give out due to old age. Either that, or I would do as you did and take advantage of good deals on a superior replacement like the K-3ii.

This much I do know...I am happy I noticed my friend's K-50 starting to fail at about a month out of warranty and that Ricoh/Pentax covered the repair and that the camera is still working almost four years later.

Steve
01-08-2019, 01:26 AM   #108

QuoteOriginally posted by runswithsizzers Quote
I am not "accusing" Pentax of anything except possibly lack of communication. If it is difficult to establish the facts of what happened when, it is because Pentax hasn't said.

An "acknowledgement" would appear on the Pentax website or in an industry newsletter. The source would clearly be identified as originating from Ricoh or Pentax. The wording would convey the following message:
Ricoh/Pentax has discovered a part in our supply chain which sometimes does not perform as expected. If owners of Pentax K-30, K-50 (etc.) experience the following symptoms [described here] contact a Pentax repair center and we will work with you to resolve the problem. [contact info here]

We have found an alternate source for the questionable part, and cameras manufactured after dd/mm/yy should not be affected.

If there is/was a publiclly available statement from Pentax to that effect, then I stand corrected.
Webside of Ricoh had once ackknowledgement of this.

But is not to be found anymore right now. If you can use waybackmachine you can sometimes find.

You can find info about it on this link:
Dark exposure problems on K-30 or K-50? Discussion Thread - Page 5 - PentaxForums.com

Database was on Ricoh USA website. It was link with question and answer.
But Ricoh change this database. Only can find now last entry May 2017:
K-50

older database gone now. cannot be found anymore. Has been there and Ricoh mention underexposure of photo