Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 49 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2018, 12:26 PM - 2 Likes   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Download and try this tool: DxO PhotoLab - DxO
30 day free trial and a good price. I found it much easier to get results from than Lightroom. It is relatively complex to do complicated things in any of the tools but the things that will help - automatically applies lens corrections, smart lighting feature is easy to use, noise reduction - prime is a one click option most of the time (raw only), clearview feature can be friend or foe - use it if you like it and don't overuse it.
I have purchased the basic Dxo and have gotten very good results from it without doing much to learn it other than trying presets and changing the exposure levels manually . Just shooting in raw and if underexposed badly, you can probably save it if it is a RAW file!. Darktable for Windows or Linux is free and there are lots of cool helpful videos on youtube to instruct you in their use. In some ways all of the PP software products do the same thing by helping you adjust what needs it and leaving the rest alone if you are into Photorealism and not the HDR.

---------- Post added 11-01-18 at 12:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Pentaxians are a small group. We love that someone, anyone, else is as contrarian as we are in their photography choices!
I was thinking Curmudgeonly!

11-02-2018, 03:14 PM   #47

Before you change the camera get a high quality 1.4f lens this will make the biggest difference. This is the short answer . If you also upgrade the body then you will see even more improvement. If you go to full frame you will need a new set of lenses because of the dark corners.
11-03-2018, 03:41 AM - 2 Likes   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SarahF Quote
Hello,
I'm looking to upgrade from my K5. The reason is that friends and I put bands on in our town and my camera struggles with the low light. I use a 50mm lens.
These are my problems:
The auto-focus struggles, so I often have to shoot manual focus.
The low light means I'm constantly juggling between pushing the ISO (but not too much), low aperture (which can be great but makes the focus easy to get wrong) and speed, which with fast-moving musicians is very difficult. Lets just say that a lot of shots go straight to the bin.

Sarah
Sarah, I hope you don't mind but I just played a little with your shot in post processing.
I think the shot as it is is not a bad starting point at all!
Here is a very quick attempt with may be a little more "punch". This was done in very short time and I am sure more qualified forum members could have done significantly better.
If you want I will remove the file of course, just let me know.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by volley; 11-03-2018 at 03:42 AM. Reason: typo