Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 53 Likes Search this Thread
11-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Now all I need is a camera that can support this

Good to see cross platform compatibility, since I have both mac and windows computers.

11-03-2018, 03:47 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adam - Just checked out your baby on Github. The PentaxWifi.jar is missing from all three beta packages. Is this an oversight or are you working on it right now?

Jack
11-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #33
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Adam - Just checked out your baby on Github. The PentaxWifi.jar is missing from all three beta packages. Is this an oversight or are you working on it right now?

Jack
The jar is not in the repo, but it is included in the releases:
Releases · PentaxForums/PentaxWifi · GitHub

If you're running it from the source, the main file is startGui.java.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Installed latest release. All comm between camera and app seems OK. But when I try to take a picture, I get this:

Reconnect from app identifies K-1 properly.

Jack

11-03-2018, 06:05 PM   #35
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Installed latest release. All comm between camera and app seems OK. But when I try to take a picture, I get this:
I get this if the camera is not set to the single frame drive mode.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-03-2018, 06:15 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Argh! Guilty as charged. All good now after changing to single frame. One thing that was in the initial release but is not in the most recent is the autofocus trigger. Will it be reinstated?

Jack
11-03-2018, 06:20 PM   #37
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Argh! Guilty as charged. All good now after changing to single frame. One thing that was in the initial release but is not in the most recent is the autofocus trigger. Will it be reinstated?

Jack
It's still there if you right-click the capture button.

Adam

11-03-2018, 06:50 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oooooo!! Classy
11-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #39
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I just posted a new version which supports resuming of the capture/download queue even if the camera disconnects in between. Also, the interval shooting timing should now be more stable.

Adam

11-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adam - I have been playing around with the latest version. I am unsure about the interval fumction. Standalone intervalometers have 2 main functions: set number of exposures, and set interval between exposures. I can set the interval but cannot see where to set the number of exposures from the app. Is this something that we have to set on camera? I tried opening the About links on 2nd menu tab but they do not open anything.

Jack
11-04-2018, 05:22 PM   #41
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Adam - I have been playing around with the latest version. I am unsure about the interval fumction. Standalone intervalometers have 2 main functions: set number of exposures, and set interval between exposures. I can set the interval but cannot see where to set the number of exposures from the app. Is this something that we have to set on camera? I tried opening the About links on 2nd menu tab but they do not open anything.

Jack
It's the interval between the images in the queue (or the delay before image capture if not using the queue). So, it works just like an intervalometer, except instead of setting the number of exposures, you list those exposures explicitly in the queue.

Adam

11-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.
11-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Edit: after giving this some further thought, you are probably either not in the single frame drive mode, or in a shooting mode that does not support the selected settings. You should select M mode if you want to give the software full control, or Tv or Av if you want to rely on exposure compensation.
As you stated, single frame solve it, thanks!

Daniel
11-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adam - I was thinking it would be beneficial to separate camera connection from GUI instantiation. There will be times when I may not have my camera with me but I want to set up a queue for an upcoming astro photo session. As it is now, the app loading will fail if there is no existing camera wifi connection.

Jack
11-05-2018, 09:11 PM   #45
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Adam - I was thinking it would be beneficial to separate camera connection from GUI instantiation. There will be times when I may not have my camera with me but I want to set up a queue for an upcoming astro photo session. As it is now, the app loading will fail if there is no existing camera wifi connection.

Jack
That would be a cool idea, but the problem is that the current version of the program pulls all the available settings from the camera, so the dropdowns would be pretty meaningless. We can revisit that in the future.

However, the next version will use a plain text format for the save files, so you can make them yourself in notepad or another editor, i.e.

6.3,1/15,1600,0.0
5.6,1/15,1600,0.0

Adam