QuoteOriginally posted by Ha Di Ko Quote
unix wifi works

unix usb works

windows wifi works.
windows usb don't
installed visual c++ 2015 redistributable

tried cmd.. tried adm etc..
anybody success with windows usb ?
Yup, I developed it using windows. Can you run the win64 / win32 exe file from command prompt and see what it says? Could be due to more missing DLLs or something like that.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2018, 05:25 PM   #137

ups

64bit.exe missed:

vcruntime140D.dll
msvcp140d.dll
ucrtbased.dll
msvcp140d.dll
11-27-2018, 05:26 PM   #138
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ha Di Ko Quote
ups

64bit.exe missed:

vcruntime140D.dll
msvcp140d.dll
ucrtbased.dll
msvcp140d.dll
I think the "D" stands for debug, which is not normally included in VC++. I will recompile without debug symbols and hopefully then it will run. Will post a new release soon.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2018, 06:00 PM   #139
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
New Windows binaries posted!

Adam

11-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #140

funny that nobody has noticed before
.. win64.exe blinking nothing else.....///..und das ist gut so ....

the *.bat WORKS now

will try later usbip on windows.
11-27-2018, 09:29 PM   #141
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey, Adam. Just tried out beta 18 on the K-1. When in usb mode, switching to "extended B mode" (green button in B mode), the only setting that comes through from the camera is ISO. All others are missing. I think you said that this worked in previous versions although I never tried it until now.
11-27-2018, 09:46 PM   #142
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Hey, Adam. Just tried out beta 18 on the K-1. When in usb mode, switching to "extended B mode" (green button in B mode), the only setting that comes through from the camera is ISO. All others are missing. I think you said that this worked in previous versions although I never tried it until now.
Only in Wi-Fi mode. In USB mode, for whatever reason the other options are not sent over. Whatever time is displayed on the camera will be used.

Adam

11-27-2018, 09:59 PM   #143
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah, OK. Thanks.
11-27-2018, 10:54 PM   #144
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I just posted Beta 19, which has better queue stability and adds focusing as an option to the queue.

I also updated my K-1 to version 1.5, and it seems that way fewer "capture complete" events are being sent by the camera now. Shame.

Adam

11-28-2018, 06:37 AM   #145
Pentaxian

Just a quick note from me now I've got the correct USB cable for my K-70 - running under Windows 10 32-bit the latest PentaxWifi + USB 1.0.0 Beta 19 works provided I set the USB on the camera to PTP, as mentioned on the SDK web-page Overview . I'd managed to miss any reference to that pre-requisite

In conjunction with WiFi Commander I've now got a reasonable set of control tools for my K-70, so thanks to everyone concerned for all your efforts
11-28-2018, 08:53 AM   #146
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Just a quick note from me now I've got the correct USB cable for my K-70 - running under Windows 10 32-bit the latest PentaxWifi + USB 1.0.0 Beta 19 works provided I set the USB on the camera to PTP, as mentioned on the SDK web-page Overview . I'd managed to miss any reference to that pre-requisite

In conjunction with WiFi Commander I've now got a reasonable set of control tools for my K-70, so thanks to everyone concerned for all your efforts
Wow, that is cool! So I guess the K-70 is supported by the SDK after all, but this is not documented. I wonder if the same holds true for IT2 and the LR plugin?

Adam

11-28-2018, 10:39 AM   #147
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote

I cannot get my K-70 to respond when connected via USB,

K-70 firmware version 1.11, PTP mode, Win10 64bit, PentaxWiFi beta 19.
kypfer, can I ask you to try again to confirm that the K-70 is capable of communicating via USB?
If it works, it would make my day!
11-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #148
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My pc reports an issue with the MTP USB driver, could be the reason why my K-70 is unable to respond.

I've tried to fix the problem for a long time without success. Win10 should ask what to do when I connect the K-70, but it gives an error message saying it cannot connect to the camera.
I'm able to see the files in file explorer and copy them to the harddrive as usual.
11-28-2018, 10:55 AM   #149
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DrawsACircle Quote
My pc reports an issue with the MTP USB driver, could be the reason why my K-70 is unable to respond.

I've tried to fix the problem for a long time without success. Win10 should ask what to do when I connect the K-70, but it gives an error message saying it cannot connect to the camera.
I'm able to see the files in file explorer and copy them to the harddrive as usual.
If you go into your device manager, select the camera, and try to update the driver, does this fix the issue?

Adam

11-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #150
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DrawsACircle Quote
I cannot get my K-70 to respond when connected via USB,

K-70 firmware version 1.11, PTP mode, Win10 64bit, PentaxWiFi beta 19.
kypfer, can I ask you to try again to confirm that the K-70 is capable of communicating via USB?
If it works, it would make my day!
I can confirm USB works with Windows 10 32-bit, I don't use 64-bit both due to ageing hardware and non-compatible software. I tried it on my desktop machine which does not have WiFi, so no risk of "confusion". My K-70 is also at firmware v1.11.
When you connect your camera to your computer, does it immediately recognise it as an external drive (MSC Mode) or does W10 ask what you want to do with the K-70 (PTP Mode)? I responded "Do Nothing".