Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2020, 11:32 PM - 1 Like   #196
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Ricoh released an update of the Wireless SDK for IOS 1.1.1 just a few weeks ago. Seems odd if they dropped support.

RICOH Camera SDK Update (iOS 1.1.1)
They still haven't updated the base SDK since the 1.1 release in 2018 unfortunately. Crossing my fingers we'll get a new one sooner rather than later- perhaps alongside the K-3 III.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-13-2020, 02:27 PM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They still haven't updated the base SDK since the 1.1 release in 2018 unfortunately. Crossing my fingers we'll get a new one sooner rather than later- perhaps alongside the K-3 III.
And a K-70 firmware fixing the remote shooting bugs/making it compatible with the KP/K1.
02-10-2021, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #198

Will the K3-iii be supported?
02-11-2021, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #199
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 5shot Quote
Will the K3-iii be supported?
I'm sure it will. Let's see if it works out of the box or if there will be a new SDK.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-30-2021, 08:24 AM   #200

Tried to get the tool running and have some issues:
Camera: Pentax 645z
Firmware: 1.30
Tool Version: PentaxWifi + USB 1.0.0 Beta 19

Managed to get rid of the initial errors by adding the USB library and others to the allowed programs list.
This is what I get now:

$ java -jar PentaxWifi.jar usb
USB EventCount DATA: {numEvents=0}
USB DetectDevice Device was not found. DATA: {Detected Devices=0}
USB DetectDevice Detected 1 devices. DATA: {USB Connection0=Disconnected, Firmware Version0=1.30, Model0=PENTAX 645Z, Manufacturer0=RICOH IMAGING COMPANY LTD., Serial Number0=4974512, Detected Devices=1}
USB Operation 1 timed out.
USB TimeoutError ERROR Command failed to execute: 1
Command failed to execute: 1
Did not save unitialized UI state

Any ideas what can be wrong?
03-30-2021, 11:07 AM   #201
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRhys Quote
Tried to get the tool running and have some issues
If you need an Alternative, take a look here:
Keep the overview on the increasing tethering options for Pentax cameras - PentaxForums.com
03-30-2021, 12:55 PM   #202
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRhys Quote
Tried to get the tool running and have some issues:
Camera: Pentax 645z
Firmware: 1.30
Tool Version: PentaxWifi + USB 1.0.0 Beta 19

Managed to get rid of the initial errors by adding the USB library and others to the allowed programs list.
This is what I get now:

$ java -jar PentaxWifi.jar usb
USB EventCount DATA: {numEvents=0}
USB DetectDevice Device was not found. DATA: {Detected Devices=0}
USB DetectDevice Detected 1 devices. DATA: {USB Connection0=Disconnected, Firmware Version0=1.30, Model0=PENTAX 645Z, Manufacturer0=RICOH IMAGING COMPANY LTD., Serial Number0=4974512, Detected Devices=1}
USB Operation 1 timed out.
USB TimeoutError ERROR Command failed to execute: 1
Command failed to execute: 1
Did not save unitialized UI state

Any ideas what can be wrong?
It looks like the Ricoh USB sdk is having trouble connecting to the camera. Is the camera in the correct USB mode?

Adam

04-07-2021, 06:56 AM   #203

It looks like the Ricoh USB sdk is having trouble connecting to the camera. Is the camera in the correct USB mode?
The camera is set to PTP, upper display shows PcP when turning the camera on.
While the program is trying to access the camera it flickers and the upper display displays the normal parameters as well as a USB connection symbol.
04-07-2021, 08:42 AM   #204
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The only other thing I can think of is that the camera might not have the latest firmware. If it already does, then we'd need to test a 645Z with the SDK itself to see why it's timing out.

Adam

04-07-2021, 11:14 AM   #205

The only other thing I can think of is that the camera might not have the latest firmware. If it already does, then we'd need to test a 645Z with the SDK itself to see why it's timing out.
The camera is on the latest available firmware, version 1.30. There is no newer version provided by Pentax for the 645z.
06-03-2021, 11:50 PM   #206
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I've now had a chance to test things with the K-3 III, and unfortunately it looks like the SDK doesn't support it at the moment (neither in wi-fi mode nor USB). Hoping for an update soon!

Adam

07-07-2021, 04:30 PM - 1 Like   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been on these forums since 2009 (I think), and somehow only TODAY did I learn about this app! Adam, you need to toot your own horn a bit more!
07-08-2021, 09:54 AM   #208
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is the name of the app and where can one obtain it?
07-08-2021, 01:16 PM   #209
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
What is the name of the app and where can one obtain it?
All the details are in the first post

Adam

12-18-2021, 02:31 PM   #210
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've now had a chance to test things with the K-3 III, and unfortunately it looks like the SDK doesn't support it at the moment (neither in wi-fi mode nor USB). Hoping for an update soon!
Hi Adam. I assume from the lack of announcement here, that you’re still waiting on an updated SDK.