Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2018, 02:53 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Image Sync app crashing SOLVED

I recently bought a K-70 and downloaded the latest Image Sync app for android ver 2.0.1
The app worked fine and I was able to use my phone or my tablet for image transfers.
Few days later it stopped working and it crashed every time I selected an image for transfer. This happened on both phone and tablet. Resetting Wi-Fi in camera did nothing, resetting the camera to default settings did nothing. Reinstalling the app did nothing! Finally I remembered that through the "MENU" on the K-70, I changed the "file name" from the default "IMGP" to "K70", in order to immediately recognize the files in a file manager, since I have more than 100.000 "IMGP" files from a K-x and a K-50. Image Sync app does not recognize/like this change and it crashed every time. Resetting the camera does NOT reset the file name to default IMGP, so I had to do it myself. Image Sync works like before. I hope someone in Pentax fixes this.

11-07-2018, 03:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I've also changed the name on my KP, but Image Sync 2.0.1 can't even connect to my camera... They didn't replyed to my e-mail which I sent by the contact developper feature in the play store.
11-07-2018, 03:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I too re-name the prefix in my image file names. Although I may not have 100,000 digital images I do have the output from several cameras over the last 15 years or more and filename duplication had been an issue for me!
(Un)fortunately I have neither an Android or iOS device so the vagaries of Image Sync have not been a problem. Pity they never compiled it for Windows, but with the recent independent release of WiFiCommander this may not be an issue
11-07-2018, 04:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Shame. I thought this was going to be news that Ricoh had extracted their fingers and updated Image Sync to fix the crashing in recent versions of Android. No so, then.

12-27-2018, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for figuring out the bug and a way to get around it! I guess I'm back to the default naming of my images until the bug is fixed (if ever).