Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 106 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2018, 05:36 AM - 2 Likes   #106
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HarisF1 Quote
You're right

I also find it fascinating how the design of the K-1 takes cues from the legendary 67ii. Excellent design work for both current cameras.
I agree with both you and MiguelATF: I think it represents in many ways how Ricoh appreciates the history of the brand and I do believe they will turn out something in the 100th year of ASAHI Optical as a tribute to the original owners of Pentax. On the other and, the 697 deal for the KP was too good to wait for the alleged K-3 "iii". Personally, the Kp is a great compliment n size and features to the K-1ii so I understand Pentax's pathway introducing the KP when they did.

11-28-2018, 08:03 AM - 4 Likes   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
I agree with both you and MiguelATF: I think it represents in many ways how Ricoh appreciates the history of the brand and I do believe they will turn out something in the 100th year of ASAHI Optical as a tribute to the original owners of Pentax. On the other and, the 697 deal for the KP was too good to wait for the alleged K-3 "iii". Personally, the Kp is a great compliment n size and features to the K-1ii so I understand Pentax's pathway introducing the KP when they did.
When my wife arrived home last night, she said, "Where is your new camera?".

I said "You're looking at it".

She had thought it was my Super Program.

Enough said.
11-28-2018, 11:44 AM   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
When my wife arrived home last night, she said, "Where is your new camera?".

I said "You're looking at it".

She had thought it was my Super Program.

Enough said.
New Photo---Well done Reh: I thought you said the weather was too inclement for an update: now all 4 cowboys are on the table....does your wife understand the obsession?
11-28-2018, 11:51 AM - 1 Like   #109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My Perfect Pentax Troika

While I wait for Adorama to hopefully complete my KP purchase and send me my accessories, I saw no reason not to take the KP out and meet its siblings--so I took a self-serving photo...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone SE  Photo 
11-28-2018, 02:42 PM - 2 Likes   #110
Pentaxian

New Photo---Well done Reh: I thought you said the weather was too inclement for an update: now all 4 cowboys are on the table....does your wife understand the obsession?
I'm not really satisfied - particularly with patriarch Super Program on the left, but getting KP in was most important right now; I would have a better view if I had taken one on the deck table - but that is covered with snow and I wasn't willing to take the Super Program out - so this was taken on a hassock in the living room with my back pressed against the glass door to the deck. When my wife first met me forty years ago, my camera went everywhere with me, and when that camera was ruined by getting wet on a walk we took together, she agreed to my purchasing a new one in time to go on our honeymoon.
12-26-2018, 12:39 PM - 2 Likes   #111

I bought the kp when it first came out. Others here on the forums said, 'yeh, that camera has great lowlight capability', I remember slowly nodding my head like I know what it means. Now, two years on I have ISO on C1 to thumb shift depending on changing light. I can change sensitivity quickly, take a shot, change it again take a shot.... I know there's auto ISO rang settings but where's the fun in that?
12-27-2018, 04:29 AM - 1 Like   #112
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Martin KP Quote
I bought the kp when it first came out. Others here on the forums said, 'yeh, that camera has great lowlight capability', I remember slowly nodding my head like I know what it means. Now, two years on I have ISO on C1 to thumb shift depending on changing light. I can change sensitivity quickly, take a shot, change it again take a shot.... I know there's auto ISO rang settings but where's the fun in that?
The KP is so much more than that. It's innovative: adjustable grips, extra battery that uses Li90 (large) batteries, built in flash, hot shoe GPS accessory, astrotracer option, Pixel shift, HDR....AA simulator, damn it goe son and on...Oh yeah: small, sturdy body, newer sensor and fast focus. I sold my K-3/iis. This thing is great. Now I'm wondering why I have my K-1 ii?

12-27-2018, 04:42 AM   #113
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Martin KP Quote
I don't use "auto ISO", but I do use 'TAv' mode more aggressively than I ever felt comfortable with my K-30.
Now, when I photograph squirrels and birds in my back yard, I can get both the DOF and motion control I want - at all times of day.
Got Squirrel Shots? (In memorial of Rupert) - Page 155 - PentaxForums.com
Janitor Junco - PentaxForums.com
12-31-2018, 08:46 AM   #114
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

reh: I'll be on "KP" duty tomorrow for New Year's Day.....Hope to pick up some shots where the population occupy most of the time and on holidays. less frequently. I also use TAv mode more than I did on my other Pentax's (certainly not on my present K-S2) as they weren't suited as well. The new sensor in this camera has proven to be its best surprise...As for a previous comment about the fill-in flash, with the low-light and high ISO capabilities on the KP, why would you need more than that? I rarely use it as it is....
01-01-2019, 06:13 AM - 2 Likes   #115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As for a previous comment about the fill-in flash, with the low-light and high ISO capabilities on the KP, why would you need more than that?
I use it for the same reasons as always; decrease harsh shadows, bring up detail in dark areas. High ISO capability allows me to use only fill flash where I might have needed a full power flash gun otherwise. Usually, I expose for ambient lighting, then set my flash comp for ~1 stop under.
02-08-2019, 10:36 AM - 2 Likes   #116
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery