Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #16
Veteran Member

You're Not Alone

See what that Polish review site reported:-

"The test had many other criticisms and discovered inconsistent quality issues. The very first K20D they purchased produced loud focusing noises, exposed badly, and was assembled badly -- it was replaced by a local distributor, and many issues were not present in the replacement... but some came back in the third K20D they tested." - Quoted from a DPR poster who translated that part of their full technical review of the K20D.

QuoteOriginally posted by NicholasN Quote
Starting to become a little unhappy with Pentax.

My first K20D was returned and the body replaced due to a faulty focus sensor.

Today I had to return the brand new replacement body because the camera completely packed it in and wouldn't work.

I am now onto my 3RD! K20D body in 6 months.

I sincerely hope the track record I am experiencing is not happening elsewhere.

One thing I am happy about it that Pentax replaced the unit on-site without having to send it away, after 1.5 hours of arguing and refusing to leave.

10-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
NicholasN, I am interested to know if your latest k20D body is functioning okay? I hope to get one around christmas time and am rather worry about QC problems at this stage.
10-18-2008, 09:11 AM   #18
Inactive Account

I've found that if you ever have a problem with your camera, take a look at other manufacturers forums and you can bet they've had similar experiences one way or another.
It's very easy to want to throw the towel in. I've been there.
10-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #19

It'd be amusing to hear from the store :-)

#1 Nicholas has just made an overt racist slap at other Members of this group...perhaps carelessly including me (Janosh, fyi, is an Hungarian name and I'm Irish- American).

#2 I've not heard previously that "In Australia, diplomacy is paramount when dealing with customers" but with his own allegations, Nicholas wants us to believe a different story.

#3 Who makes a scene for "1.5 hours" in a store, rather than using the Pentax warrenty?

#4 It's laughable to think threatening to buy Canon instead of Pentax bothers a store.

#5 Do "Senior Members" support this site financially? Wouldn't they, if they valued it? If someone doesn't value it enough to contribute, what's the worth of their words?

Incidentally, my K20D functions perfectly and has had heavy use including fairly severe weather.

10-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #20
Inactive Account

he did the right thing

I dont blame Nick for his actions,totally understandable as far as im concerned.Id have sat there all day if it meant not having to wait weeks for a new body.If the service and quality was good there wouldve been no problem so they deserved a good mouthful i rekon.Jonash id like to see how patient you would be if you had to go to a 3rd body.Well done and good luk Nick.
Paul
Ive just sent mine back,been told it will be 2-4 weeks more than likely 4 so im not to happy myself.So i can see where hes comin from.
10-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by trumpyman Quote
I dont blame Nick for his actions,totally understandable as far as im concerned.Id have sat there all day if it meant not having to wait weeks for a new body.If the service and quality was good there wouldve been no problem so they deserved a good mouthful i rekon.Jonash id like to see how patient you would be if you had to go to a 3rd body.Well done and good luk Nick.
Paul
Ive just sent mine back,been told it will be 2-4 weeks more than likely 4 so im not to happy myself.So i can see where hes comin from.
I don't know anything about Australians. Is Nick representative? In the U.S. the employees would expect their store manager to throw him out onto the street if he mouthed similar racist stuff.
10-21-2008, 03:09 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janosh Quote
I don't know anything about Australians. Is Nick representative? In the U.S. the employees would expect their store manager to throw him out onto the street if he mouthed similar racist stuff.
Does this have to turn bad now? I don't think so. Nick is a difficult customer. But for a reason. Below, I'll tell you how more difficult I am as a customer...

Nick said some politically incorrect stuff. I think he felt offended. For a reason. He wanted to provoque and he succeeded... Racism, however is something else. Let me say this being from a country having learnt the lesson.

Now let me tell how more difficult I am as a customer. I refused to leave a German high speed train after I was accussed to be travelling w/o ticket. Nor would I pay. After an hour of argueing or so, the train conductor showed up accompanied by the federal! police to throw me out. Well, I again explained my case, now to the police and the police "ruled" that the train conductor shall no longer bother me and even took action to protect me against the rage he started to develop...

Some times, enough is enough and one just have to persist.
10-21-2008, 09:22 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Just curious, but what caused the problem? I'm guessing from the information you provided that you coud not produce one. If not, did you have a receipt?

10-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Just curious, but what caused the problem? I'm guessing from the information you provided that you coud not produce one. If not, did you have a receipt?
I guess this question is for me?
Well, I had a ticket valid only with a rebate card. The rebate card did expire. However, this wasn't my fault because the train organization was late in sending me the new one. Something the police!!! was able to verify via internet, still in the train! ...