Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2008, 04:26 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Will this work??

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Well I'm sure it will work, but am I better to get a $50 adapter for the screw mount lens I just purchased, or will this cheapo one work just fine?

PENTAX K-PK-Camera to SCREW MOUNT-M42-LENS ADAPTER Ring - eBay (item 160287157554 end time Sep-26-08 19:58:37 PDT)

09-26-2008, 05:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
Well I'm sure it will work, but am I better to get a $50 adapter for the screw mount lens I just purchased, or will this cheapo one work just fine?

PENTAX K-PK-Camera to SCREW MOUNT-M42-LENS ADAPTER Ring - eBay (item 160287157554 end time Sep-26-08 19:58:37 PDT)
No. Get a flangeless type if you want infinity focus. Like this one, or similar. .

General Brand | Pentax-K Body to Universal Lens Adapter | B&H
09-26-2008, 05:50 AM   #3

I use the cheapo type far more often than the in-mount type.
They are MUCH easier and smoother to mount and unmount, and there is also less chance of wear and tear to the mount (and electrical contacts) from screwing lenses into it. Also, I think there is more chance of introducing dust into the camera when you have to mess around with removing the in-mount adapter.
Of course you do lose infinity focus, but if like me, you mostly use M42 lenses for macro shots, then you'll never need it. But if you intend on just using one lens for a long time for all sorts of shots, use the in-mount adapter.
I don't know what those black ones you are looking at are like. They might be fine, but I would reccommend you try and find a plain stainless steel one.

I say try the cheap one first, but if you really need ∞-focus then go for the more expensive in-mount type.
09-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
No. Get a flangeless type if you want infinity focus. Like this one, or similar. .

General Brand | Pentax-K Body to Universal Lens Adapter | B&H
That particular one does not seem to have nice reviews. Everyone had some sort of complaint.