Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2018, 04:18 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Bright/Dark Area warning in Instant Review with Histogram Display on?

Hi,
it's the first time I notice that behaviour with my K-30 (yeah, I don't use it much...)

With Histogram Display activated in the Instant Review Menu (first menu, fourth page IIRC), you get no blinkies even though Bright/Dark Area is activated.
What's worse, there's no mention of it in the user manual (pp. 212 & 32).

I went there a couple of times, thinking "oh, it's already on... must have done something wrong myself", then today I took the time to figure it out.
Thoughts?

12-19-2018, 11:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I think it's a case of one or the other ....personally I find the Histogram overall more helpful as I'm more concerned with fine tuning the exposures. The exact locations of blown highlights or blocked shadows is not really a concern as its usually obvious in most images.

So it'd say don't worry about it and take advantage of the EV and contrast information provided by the histogram.
12-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
I think it's a case of one or the other ....personally I find the Histogram overall more helpful as I'm more concerned with fine tuning the exposures. The exact locations of blown highlights or blocked shadows is not really a concern as its usually obvious in most images.

So it'd say don't worry about it and take advantage of the EV and contrast information provided by the histogram.
Problem is, it's difficult to judge if the tall line near the right edge is blown or not... it's often a matter of one pixel.
I'm fine with them being mutually exclusive, but then the menu are coded wrong, since I can see check marks in both boxes...