Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K100d Screen Brightness

As we are approaching Summer here in Oz I'm beginning to see the limitations of the K100d screen in bright sunshine - even adjusting the brightness settings.

Has anyone had success with using UV screen filters and the like. Or any other technique or product used with success.

Sometimes I feel I need a dark bag to place the camera in to see the screen.

regards

09-27-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had the same problem. I tried a screen from Delkin, the eFilm, and it worked until I broke one of the little hooks that hold the cover on, taking it in and out of a too-small camera bag. I haven't yet gotten a replacement. It helped quite a bit, but an Ozzy bright sun will overpower it. It still works well with the cover in place then shading it with my body and sometimes adding a hand or even a shirt tail. I will replace it the next time I get to civilization (just over 100 miles (about 185 km) east of here at London Drugs. I am currently enduring GBA (gadget buying addiction - sorry folks!) over the viewer(s) that are like a loupe that can be held against the screen. I would really like to see and try one in a store before buying, though.