Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2019, 02:30 PM   #1

Difference K-AC167 vs K-AC132

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hello

I own 2 pcs K-1. I also have 1 pcs of K-AC132

When I want to upgrade to the K-1ii is it then possible to use the K-AC132 on the new K-1ii, or is the Connector & Power different? I can't find any technical specification about this Accessoires

Gerard

01-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gerard_Dirks Quote
Hello

I own 2 pcs K-1. I also have 1 pcs of K-AC132

When I want to upgrade to the K-1ii is it then possible to use the K-AC132 on the new K-1ii, or is the Connector & Power different? I can't find any technical specification about this Accessoires

Gerard
There is no physical difference between the K-1 and K-1 II, so you can use your existing adapter.

According to our DB, the 167 is for the KP, but in all likelihood it is just an updated model designation for the same adapter.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The UK Ricoh store lists:

AC ADAPTER KIT K-AC168E compatible with PENTAX K-70 and PENTAX KP.

Not sure why the K1 manual lists the AC132 and the K1ii lists the AC167 - maybe the 'Accelerator' draws noticeably more power and requires a chunkier PSU. If anyone has either, posting the power rating would be illuminating.
01-09-2019, 04:44 PM   #4

The K-1 and K-1ii use the same battery so it is unlikely the power output specifications on the AC adapter have changed. Most of the re-designations of the AC adapters has to do with the certifications for the various regulatory agencies of the countries that import the adapter. Some had to do with changes required by those agencies such as lead and PCB levels.

The output specifications for the AC50 for my K10D is 8.3vDC @ 2amps. I've been told this adapter works fine with the K-1.

Edit: It looks like the 167 uses the same Hirose plug as all the other "flagship" bodies. It is highly unlikely that Ricoh would use the same plug with different output specifications. After all the K-AC10 for the K100D uses a round coax plug for 6.5vDC. Rectangular plug on the 167 shown in the links below:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/pentax-k-ac167-ac-adapter-for-kp.html
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RICOH-PENTAX-AC-Adapter-Kit-K-AC167J-for-PENTAX-KP-...75.c100623.m-1

Last edited by Not a Number; 01-09-2019 at 04:55 PM.