Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2019, 08:29 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
.. I've gone and done it!

I finally posted an article on my site about my all time favorite digital cameras. Only seven made it to the list, of hundreds (with one honorary mention). Pentax made it to the list, which is why I'm sharing with you guys!

Hope all is well guys, been a while since I posted!

Carl

01-14-2019, 08:36 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Carl - I assume the date for your blog post should be for year 2019, not 2018. Happy New year! 😀
01-15-2019, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by darylk Quote
Carl - I assume the date for your blog post should be for year 2019, not 2018. Happy New year! 😀
Lol, omg. Yep, fixed. Thank you! (Stupid old habits!)
01-15-2019, 08:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My only new year's resolution is to remember it's 2019! :-)

01-17-2019, 11:11 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I read your article about the magnificent 7. Nice words about the K5lls. I have a K5 and I've found it to be quite a star over the years. The picture quality always impresses me and I've had this little tank since 2011. Thx for posting and BTW, very interesting blog you have there.
01-18-2019, 01:28 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
I finally posted an article on my site about my all time favorite digital cameras. Only seven made it to the list, of hundreds (with one honorary mention). Pentax made it to the list, which is why I'm sharing with you guys!

Hope all is well guys, been a while since I posted!

Carl
Hi Carl,

That is a very nice read! Hats off to you!

I also have a Pentax K-5iis that I used extensively during my recent off the beaten path hiking and trekking visit to Pakistan, covering in the process its historical Mughal, British colonial, and neo-Islamic architecture, Buddhist sites, and nature. Considering that I am a hiker and a trekker first and foremost and do photography only sparingly, I was only too glad to have it with me. Normally, I used K-S2.

Thank you for sharing your blog URL here.

Hope to read more from you.

Regards,

Suhail

---------- Post added 01-18-19 at 03:38 PM ----------

Just to add to my previous comments, I bought a K-3ii as well. However, it got taken by my wife and she will not let me even touch it :-)
01-18-2019, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

I've had the wonderful K-5 IIs for number of years, gotten new in a great deal when the K-3 came out. Since I got them essentially at half price due to old-model closeouts, I already had the K-5 with the AA filter and added the IIs. I also already had the little K-r as my lightweight shooter, and after getting the IIs, eventually replaced the K-r with a new K-S2 in another great closeout deal. When a good price drop occurred, I finally bought the KP.

So my trio now is- 1. smallest: K-S2, 2. the most advanced compact: KP+battry grip, 3.Flagships with full-featured controls layout: K-5, K-5 IIs + battery grip. The KP is a wonderful camera with marvelous IQ, but the still excellent image quality, and control features, along with buffer depth, battery strength and battery options with the grip, make the K-5 IIs still an awesome camera, and one I turn to when its advantages are needed. I am gratified to find it is still so well-respected by others.