Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #1

K200D users

Hi there

Im wondering what color settings you usally use while shooting with the K200D (sharpness, contrast etc...)

Ive tried a few but I'd like more life and sharpness in my photos. Many have a "cold" and stiff look.

Thanks

09-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
Kei

Photos: Gallery
I used "Bright" then switched to "natural", I use Jpeg only no RAW for my computer is too slow to process each and everyone of them (and I am lazy).

The "bright", "natural", "vibrant", "landscape" are just presets which u can tweak to your own liking. So you can adjust the contrast level say this is the only thing you feel lacking in current setup.

For sharpness I think it can be set in the menu (I don't have the camera with me atm), another way is NOT to use the lens at its biggest aperture. Close down by 1 stop and the image will have clearer and more defined edges.

Post some pictures that have the said problems, the good people here are more than glad to help.

ps: welcome to the forum
09-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Forum Member

Greetings!

I use "Portrait" with "AWB" in AdobeRGB color space. If you need more life and sharpness, you can use "Bright" with "AWB"
09-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I shoot RAW and worry about such matters afterward. Typically I don't feel the need to do anything on outdoor shots, but if I do, it might be to apply a little curve to brighten the midtones a bit relative to the rest. Indoors, I'm more likely to apply an S-curve. Color I'm usually perfectly happy with on outdoor shots, but indoors I typical select the tungsten preset in my RAW processor. Sharpness I generally leave along - but this is actually the one setting I do have made in the camera to increase sharpness. That doesn't affect the data, of course, but most RAW processors will honor that setting and turn up the sharpening themselves. If that's not enough, I'll add more in RAW processing.

I don't get too fancy with any of this though - just spend a few seconds on one image, then batch copy that curve to the rest of the images from that setting. Maybe a few of my favorites will then get a little extra attention, but I typically spend only a few minutes total on RAW processing of a day's shooting.

09-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #5

The colour settings only affect JPG images and since I only shoot in RAW I apply a default setting when uploading my pics. I use Lightroom and have a saved setting that gives the colours, contrast, saturation etc. that I don't get from the cameras RAW output.