Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 35 Likes Search this Thread
02-02-2019, 06:50 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Also, please remember that although the 24mp sensors are similar in pixel density, the KP sensor is sharper than the K-3/ii series simply because it is a newer more refined design. That in and of itself to me takes precedence over much of the ergonomics between the KP and the K-3/ii. Imaging is everything to me. I grew up on all manual control so these new Pentaxes are a dream. (i'm still pissed about my K-1ii's calibration though--way off. Hello Precision?).
I am feeling amused each time when I hear about "sharper" camera. It's hard to believe, but if you want really sharp image, just 1) use quality lens settled on the proper diaphragm and 2) use the tripod.
That's it

02-02-2019, 07:42 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BorisKolo Quote
I am feeling amused each time when I hear about "sharper" camera. It's hard to believe, but if you want really sharp image, just 1) use quality lens settled on the proper diaphragm and 2) use the tripod.
That's it
It's the calibration and it pisses me off....My K-1ii is an early model (3/18 manufacture date) but that is no excuse...For my $2,000 that camera should have been good to go. Also, the slow screw drive lenses (old FA) don't measure up to the quality DA Limited Lenses. So chill out Boris. Don't misunderstand--the renderings from my KP, my old K-3 and my Leica Kits are better than my "Flagship" K-1ii. Has nothing to do with tripod usage or diaphragm control.
02-02-2019, 08:15 AM   #48
Veteran Member

It's the calibration and it pisses me off....My K-1ii is an early model (3/18 manufacture date) but that is no excuse...For my $2,000 that camera should have been good to go. Also, the slow screw drive lenses (old FA) don't measure up to the quality DA Limited Lenses. So chill out Boris. Don't misunderstand--the renderings from my KP, my old K-3 and my Leica Kits are better than my "Flagship" K-1ii. Has nothing to do with tripod usage or diaphragm control.
You either have manufacturer guaranty either not. If you have why you do not fix your problem? If you haven't, alas, but it is the problem of the particular camera, not the model!
02-02-2019, 08:27 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Read the other camera sites and you get similar complaints for all brands. I don't know if it still happens but you used to be able to send the camera in with a lens and they'd make sure it was properly calibrated with that lens. Meaning, if there was something wrong with the camera they'd correct it.

02-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BorisKolo Quote
You either have manufacturer guaranty either not. If you have why you do not fix your problem? If you haven't, alas, but it is the problem of the particular camera, not the model!
I'm sending it back to Precision--thanks for that. I was just correcting your assumptions. For the record, I have been shooting pictures for 51 years and still maintain a darkroom. I'm familiar with most phases of photography, including digital Iso and AF performance. But every single lens mounted on this K-1ii is off. The on-body calibration of -10/+10 doesn't fix it. When you have 10 hours on your LensCalc and it still isn't performing, it's frustrating. So I'm sure your tripod advice was meant to be instructive...Thanks/no thanks...and let's move on.