Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2019, 08:21 AM   #1

Cable switch terminal Pentax K10D

Just bought a Miops Mobile Dongle Kit. Connected it and it worked. But now it doesn’t. It seems as if the inside part (in the camera) is loose and dislocated. Can if fix it? Is it doable? I guess I got to pick it apart. Where can I find a description of how to do it?

02-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #2

Do you mean the input jack for the cable remote? It should be a 2.5mm stereo jack. You should be able to find an off the shelf replacement. Tear down of the camera to get to the part is probably extensive involving a lot of un-soldering and re-soldering wires. Depends of if you have the tools and skills to do the job. An incomplete copy of the K10D service manual can be downloaded from the pentax-hack.info website. Missing is the section on the top plate and the parts, wiring and exploded diagrams. Part of the exploded diagram can be found but it is incomplete.
02-13-2019, 07:49 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Do you mean the input jack for the cable remote? It should be a 2.5mm stereo jack. You should be able to find an off the shelf replacement. Tear down of the camera to get to the part is probably extensive involving a lot of un-soldering and re-soldering wires. Depends of if you have the tools and skills to do the job. An incomplete copy of the K10D service manual can be downloaded from the pentax-hack.info website. Missing is the section on the top plate and the parts, wiring and exploded diagrams. Part of the exploded diagram can be found but it is incomplete.
Thank you. Yes the input jack. Sounds as way over my head. But I might give it a try.
02-13-2019, 09:52 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I suspect it could be a little tricky, not tooo bad if you are used to fixing electronics.

In the IR conversion instructions following you can see a partial disassembly.
Pentax K10D Infrared Conversion DIY Tutorial and Disassembly Guide - Kolari Vision

02-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by sqrrl Quote
I suspect it could be a little tricky, not tooo bad if you are used to fixing electronics.

Pentax K10D Infrared Conversion DIY Tutorial and Disassembly Guide - Kolari Vision
Nice guide. You can see the jack on the PCB in this picture at the lower left. The picture above this one on the blog page shows which wires you need to disconnect.

Pretty much an off the shelf surface mount 2.5mm stereo input jack. You might just need to shove a paperclip in the opposite end to reseat the contacts.

02-15-2019, 12:25 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sqrrl Quote

Thank you so much!
02-15-2019, 12:33 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Nice guide. You can see the jack on the PCB in this picture at the lower left. The picture above this one on the blog page shows which wires you need to disconnect.

Pretty much an off the shelf surface mount 2.5mm stereo input jack. You might just need to shove a paperclip in the opposite end to reseat the contacts.
Thank you. What a great forum this is. Bought a secondhand K70 yesterday. But I will fix the k10d and use it for time lapse.