Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
02-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The K1 II is a good camera for the price. The D750 is a very good camera for its price. It's a good time to be a consumer of high end cameras.

02-17-2019, 04:05 PM   #17
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
But there aren’t (and won’t be) any Pentax short-register lenses. And that doesn’t address EVF, and Image Processor Video shortcomings.
I don't think we can say there "won't be" any short register lenses, if Ricoh actually went down the MILC rabbit hole. We can say there wouldn't need to be any - at least any time soon - with a relevant KAF4 adapter. Lots of folks buying into the Nikon Z and Canon R series cameras will be using their native DSLR glass with the provided adapters to begin with, and probably for some considerable time until native glass for the new mounts matures. On my own Sony A7 MkII, I have not one single native E-mount lens... I use the LA-EA4 SLT adapter and my existing (very good) A-mount glass. It works beautifully. That's what I'd expect from a Pentax mirrorless body with KAF4 adapter and SLR / DSLR glass.

Regarding EVF, the technologies are widely available. I'm sure Ricoh could find something that works. As for video... Wha...???

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Frankly, a Pentax mirrorless camera is not going to happen any time even remotely soon.
I agree. I'm just responding to the OP's thread
02-17-2019, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
The K1 II is a good camera for the price. The D750 is a very good camera for its price. It's a good time to be a consumer of high end cameras.
I mention the D750 because it is also a 1300 usd camera and likely a much better camera than the Canon RP. If it was K mount with stabilization I would buy it.
02-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
a small poly carb body
FF sensor
WR
SR
1 SD card (UHS-1)
Takes the bigger battery
K-70 flipped screen
K-mount
Speed and buffer of K-1
Pixel Shift

And they can continue rehashing the FA primes/limiteds lens line up.

02-18-2019, 02:15 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Then my suggestion stands:

- existing K-1 / K-1II sensor
- in-body image stabilisation (a big Pentax selling point)
- KAF4 adapter included (due to lead time on native lenses, and ability to support old lenses - another big Pentax selling point)
- Basic functionality - the usual shooting modes with no fancy features

Honestly, I wouldn't have enough money to buy anything but I might even but that. It sounds like it would be a good camera. It would be trashed by all but honest reviews because it wouldn't have any bells and whistles to wow them but it would be a Pentax – it would just work and do what it does very well.
02-18-2019, 07:52 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
With Canon's new FF MILC camera and that pricing, how would you like to see Pentax's take for a USD1300 camera?
Nobody has started MILC with an inexpensive FF MILC camera. If Pentax made a $1300 FF camera anytime soon, it would be a 24mp DSLR. If it had to start at $1300, it might have build-quality of the K-n0 family.
02-18-2019, 05:16 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
@reh, yeah a 24MP DSLR will be most likely.

MILC or DSLR I don't care, I am just curious what others would think of features should Pentax consider if, and only it would attempt to make an inexpensive camera something like the Canon wants to achieve with its EOS RP.

Although I am also aware that Canon has different situation for their R system. They have promising lens line up, fast and expensive. But the camera body is mediocre. In Pentax's case, they have great camera body (K-1/K-1ii) and is also building its lens line up.