Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #16
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 167
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
The first and third pictures look dark and underexposed.
You mean the 2 pictures? I agree- both were taken at dusk after sunset: interestingly the camera apparently reproduced that light quite naturally. If you look at the heron the exposure of the head is more or less OK, the shadows around it are just very dark. My imac at home has a very bright screen, so I might have missed it there.
Anyway- with my old camera I could not have taken these pictures - I am happy!

10-02-2008, 08:21 AM   #17
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 65
Another K20D tip...

I just discovered another feature of the K20D that might be of use to some of you...

In "Review" mode, after you use the rear dial to zoom into a picture (I have my rear dial set to go to 4x zoom in one click), you can then use the +/- button to zoom out, and the green button to zoom in. Much nicer, smoother, and quieter than several spins of the wheel. You can press and hold these buttons for even faster performance.

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't realize that, but hey... figured I'd share just in case.

-J
10-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #18
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 171
how to set the rear dial to zoom 4x in review mode? pls advice.

QuoteOriginally posted by jasonwarth Quote
I just discovered another feature of the K20D that might be of use to some of you...

In "Review" mode, after you use the rear dial to zoom into a picture (I have my rear dial set to go to 4x zoom in one click), you can then use the +/- button to zoom out, and the green button to zoom in. Much nicer, smoother, and quieter than several spins of the wheel. You can press and hold these buttons for even faster performance.

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't realize that, but hey... figured I'd share just in case.

-J
10-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #19
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
Custom Function can set default review magnification

10-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #20
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lower Left Coast, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 251
"I am still missing a setting on the knob for having a full program mode with emphasis on DOF and one for speed (as my old film canon eos had)."

Those would be the Av (Aperture Priority) and Tv (Shutter Priority) modes, respectively, on the Mode Dial.
10-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,934
No light meter of cameras knows..

QuoteOriginally posted by chse Quote
You mean the 2 pictures? I agree- both were taken at dusk after sunset: interestingly the camera apparently reproduced that light quite naturally. If you look at the heron the exposure of the head is more or less OK, the shadows around it are just very dark. My imac at home has a very bright screen, so I might have missed it there.
Anyway- with my old camera I could not have taken these pictures - I am happy!
..knows when the day was and regardless of when, it should reproduce the same brightness as it was the working principle of all reflective light meters, which are those installed in-camera.

If it was dark by sunset, it will be also dark on bright days. I think you can try more and you will know soon. Good luck! :-)
10-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #22
Site Supporter
SpecialK's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,440
QuoteOriginally posted by iCrop Quote
"I am still missing a setting on the knob for having a full program mode with emphasis on DOF and one for speed (as my old film canon eos had)."

Those would be the Av (Aperture Priority) and Tv (Shutter Priority) modes, respectively, on the Mode Dial.

I think chse wants to be able to switch between 2 of the 3 "program line biases" (deep DOF, normal, higher shutter) choices available in Program mode, not a different mode entirely (A or S).
10-02-2008, 11:56 PM   #23
Pentaxian
Arpe's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,331
QuoteOriginally posted by chse Quote
Thanks for the help, and actually yes: I set the displays the way that the iso value is always displayed. Is there a way to show the image count? Or even show iso in the viewfinder and images on the top screen? I noticed it displays the image count briefly when I turn the camera off, but that is a bit to complicated.
Press the OK button from memory shows images left on the card?

10-03-2008, 12:23 AM   #24
Veteran Member
lbam's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 443
Ok, you can zoom in on pics in playback with the "e dials".. to zoom back out quickly, press the "ok" button...

Did you know that? eh? eh?
10-03-2008, 01:24 AM   #25
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 2
i have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread, i am just overwhelmed with excitement as i finalised payment for my k20d yesterday and am waiting anxiously for it to be mailed by the previous owner.

i had to say it SOMEWHERE and all my friends are getting sick of me muttering k20d k20d k20d DA70 ltd k20d.

please do not judge me for being a gigantic, pentax k20d loving nerd.

hello.
10-03-2008, 02:25 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Mallee Boy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hindmarsh Isl. Sth Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,485
QuoteOriginally posted by meg sixx Quote
please do not judge me for being a gigantic, pentax k20d loving nerd.

hello.
Nnnnooooooo!!....never ever.

.......you gigantic, Pentax K20d loving nerd!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, button, camera, dof, ds, dslr, iso, live, mode, photography, pictures, program, view
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Impressions of KM from K20D owner knumbnutz Pentax DSLR Discussion 17 04-05-2009 01:11 PM
K20D Quick first impressions ManuH Pentax DSLR Discussion 23 09-03-2008 05:31 PM
First impressions on K20D Substitute Pentax DSLR Discussion 12 08-14-2008 01:46 AM
K20D my ''own'' first impressions... jgredline Pentax DSLR Discussion 22 03-26-2008 07:03 PM
My First K20D Hands-on Impressions RiceHigh Pentax DSLR Discussion 72 03-10-2008 05:38 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:47 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top