Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
The first and third pictures look dark and underexposed.
You mean the 2 pictures? I agree- both were taken at dusk after sunset: interestingly the camera apparently reproduced that light quite naturally. If you look at the heron the exposure of the head is more or less OK, the shadows around it are just very dark. My imac at home has a very bright screen, so I might have missed it there.
Anyway- with my old camera I could not have taken these pictures - I am happy!

10-02-2008, 08:21 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Another K20D tip...

I just discovered another feature of the K20D that might be of use to some of you...

In "Review" mode, after you use the rear dial to zoom into a picture (I have my rear dial set to go to 4x zoom in one click), you can then use the +/- button to zoom out, and the green button to zoom in. Much nicer, smoother, and quieter than several spins of the wheel. You can press and hold these buttons for even faster performance.

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't realize that, but hey... figured I'd share just in case.

-J
10-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #18

how to set the rear dial to zoom 4x in review mode? pls advice.

QuoteOriginally posted by jasonwarth Quote
I just discovered another feature of the K20D that might be of use to some of you...

In "Review" mode, after you use the rear dial to zoom into a picture (I have my rear dial set to go to 4x zoom in one click), you can then use the +/- button to zoom out, and the green button to zoom in. Much nicer, smoother, and quieter than several spins of the wheel. You can press and hold these buttons for even faster performance.

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't realize that, but hey... figured I'd share just in case.

-J
10-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Custom Function can set default review magnification

10-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
"I am still missing a setting on the knob for having a full program mode with emphasis on DOF and one for speed (as my old film canon eos had)."

Those would be the Av (Aperture Priority) and Tv (Shutter Priority) modes, respectively, on the Mode Dial.
10-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member

No light meter of cameras knows..

QuoteOriginally posted by chse Quote
You mean the 2 pictures? I agree- both were taken at dusk after sunset: interestingly the camera apparently reproduced that light quite naturally. If you look at the heron the exposure of the head is more or less OK, the shadows around it are just very dark. My imac at home has a very bright screen, so I might have missed it there.
Anyway- with my old camera I could not have taken these pictures - I am happy!
..knows when the day was and regardless of when, it should reproduce the same brightness as it was the working principle of all reflective light meters, which are those installed in-camera.

If it was dark by sunset, it will be also dark on bright days. I think you can try more and you will know soon. Good luck! :-)
10-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iCrop Quote
"I am still missing a setting on the knob for having a full program mode with emphasis on DOF and one for speed (as my old film canon eos had)."

Those would be the Av (Aperture Priority) and Tv (Shutter Priority) modes, respectively, on the Mode Dial.

I think chse wants to be able to switch between 2 of the 3 "program line biases" (deep DOF, normal, higher shutter) choices available in Program mode, not a different mode entirely (A or S).

10-02-2008, 11:56 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chse Quote
Thanks for the help, and actually yes: I set the displays the way that the iso value is always displayed. Is there a way to show the image count? Or even show iso in the viewfinder and images on the top screen? I noticed it displays the image count briefly when I turn the camera off, but that is a bit to complicated.
Press the OK button from memory shows images left on the card?
10-03-2008, 12:23 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Ok, you can zoom in on pics in playback with the "e dials".. to zoom back out quickly, press the "ok" button...

Did you know that? eh? eh?
10-03-2008, 01:24 AM   #25

i have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread, i am just overwhelmed with excitement as i finalised payment for my k20d yesterday and am waiting anxiously for it to be mailed by the previous owner.

i had to say it SOMEWHERE and all my friends are getting sick of me muttering k20d k20d k20d DA70 ltd k20d.

please do not judge me for being a gigantic, pentax k20d loving nerd.

hello.
10-03-2008, 02:25 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by meg sixx Quote
please do not judge me for being a gigantic, pentax k20d loving nerd.

hello.
Nnnnooooooo!!....never ever.

.......you gigantic, Pentax K20d loving nerd!