Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 137 Likes Search this Thread
03-20-2019, 03:28 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Something like this landmark design?
I probably shouldn't comment unless I actually had one of these in my hands, but that's unlikely to ever happen, so here goes. This is quite possibly the worst camera design ever from an ergonomic standpoint (it looks like you have to hold it like a Polaroid SX-70, with an even worse layout for various controls). What kind of mad scientist decided to put the top LCD on top of the lens? Sort of the AMC Pacer of cameras.

03-20-2019, 03:33 PM - 1 Like   #92
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
A wasted effort for those of us with monocular vision.
QuoteOriginally posted by Binocular Viewfinder Quote
Yes, quite true...
... and yet, thoroughly inconsiderate for those of us with trinocular vision.

When, oh when, will camera manufacturers wake up and smell the coffee?? I may as well cover up my third eye completely, for all the good it does me...
03-20-2019, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #93
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
If the "silhouette" is like previously "leaked" bodies than it might reveal that the branding is "Ricoh" rather than "PENTAX".
@We already have a 10,000 post discussion about that.
03-20-2019, 03:41 PM   #94
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
I probably shouldn't comment unless I actually had one of these in my hands, but that's unlikely to ever happen, so here goes. This is quite possibly the worst camera design ever from an ergonomic standpoint (it looks like you have to hold it like a Polaroid SX-70, with an even worse layout for various controls). What kind of mad scientist decided to put the top LCD on top of the lens? Sort of the AMC Pacer of cameras.
It was held like a pair of binoculars.

Steve