Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-18-2019, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pentax K3 III

Pentax K-3 III Coming with New Name, Sensor and Image Processor... « NEW CAMERA

Perhaps this belongs in a different section on this forum but if true the K3 replacement isn't far off.

03-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for posting! Interesting, but I've never heard of this rumors website, so forgive me if I take what it says with a bit of skepticism.

What it says is light on detail, mostly just generalities that most of us would expect in any new camera. The specifics only say that various key features of this new camera will be better than any other Pentax APS-C camera that came before it. DUH....
03-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian

They are rehashing a blog post from Kimio Tanaka:

Photo of the Day 3月17日(日)

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Kimio Tanaka posted a third article today on the outcome of his seminars with Tetsuya Iwasaki. This one touches on two topics: the Fish-Eye Zoom Lens that was on the former roadmaps but is gone from the latest one and the K-3 II successor.

(...)

2. K-3 II successor

By the way the story has changed, the camera will succeed to the K-3 II but it won't be a new K-3 iteration, it's developed as the best Pentax APS-C DSLR, it will be a new product line different from the K-3 series, it seems the scheduled release date is early 2020.

It seems that sensor, image processing engine and menu GUI will be completely renewed. 'Body size is not much different from K-3 II', 'Image quality will be dramatically improved', 'By all means, I'd like you to wait and have [great] expectations', those were the words of Iwasaki-san.

The new image processing engine seems to include an 'image processing device' one should pay attention to; Iwasaki-san said that the image quality will be greatly improved, but Tanaka-san expresses doubts about the latter.
03-18-2019, 05:51 PM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I've closed this thread for a couple of reasons...

Firstly, the rumour is unsubstantiated at present. Secondly, the source is not one we recognise as a reliable source of news.

For these reasons, I'm also moving the thread to the "Pentax DSLR Discussion" forum...

Closed Thread