Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

View Poll Results: Make your Choice and Indicate your Identitiy!
Concentrate to invest further into the Pentax APS-C DSLR system 14057.85%
Plan to Switch, for a system with Full Frame option 208.26%
Do Nothing, Still Wait and See if Thing will be Changed later 6024.79%
I am an Old Film SLR Pentaxian 5924.38%
I am a New Pentax DSLR Pentaxian 8635.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #61
Veteran Member
Eaglerapids's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Idaho,USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,588
I'm with you, Wildman.


And with all you other guys who are growing old with these constant FF threads.
I really don't care about FF, I couldn't afford it anyway, I'd rather put my money in glass at this point. I will possibly upgrade to the K20D, possibly a used one in due course, to take advantage of it's cmos sensor, but right now glass is more important to me. Shoot, I still haven't gotten everything out of the K10D that's it's capable of.

BTW, RH doesn't give a crap about Pentax or Canon or any other camera. He's a bitcher who gets his kicks from starting something and setting back and laughing at all the commotion he causes. I'm a member of many forums and you come across these guys every now and then, I watched one guy singlehandedly bring down a long standing forum (not a photography forum). RH is good, I admit, but still far from the best. It took me a while to identify his type when I first joined here but once I did I've never posted again in one of his threads till now. Well, except for his thread when he posted a moon picture. I thought if he wanted to post something positive I would react positively. But it was just a part of his game.
If you guys are tired of his crap the only way I know to curb it is to NEVER react to anything negative he has to say, EVER. All it takes is one reaction to something he says for him to get his little kick. And, regretfully, I'm sure he will still get plenty because SOMEBODY will ALWAYS react:-).
This is the last time I ever will.

10-05-2008, 11:56 PM   #62
Senior Member
marlon's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 232
QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote

And with all you other guys who are growing old with these constant FF threads.
I really don't care about FF, I couldn't afford it anyway, I'd rather put my money in glass at this point. I will possibly upgrade to the K20D, possibly a used one in due course, to take advantage of it's cmos sensor, but right now glass is more important to me. Shoot, I still haven't gotten everything out of the K10D that's it's capable of.

BTW, RH doesn't give a crap about Pentax or Canon or any other camera. He's a bitcher who gets his kicks from starting something and setting back and laughing at all the commotion he causes. I'm a member of many forums and you come across these guys every now and then, I watched one guy singlehandedly bring down a long standing forum (not a photography forum). RH is good, I admit, but still far from the best.

Eaglerapids for president.
Amen brother
10-06-2008, 04:24 AM   #63
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 255
A better poll would be:

Is your photography limited by the APS-C format?

1) Yes.
2) No.

I seriously doubt any more than a single digit percent of photographers in the world could honestly answer that they are limited by their camera format.
10-06-2008, 04:28 AM   #64
Veteran Member
ftpaddict's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Yurp
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,669
QuoteOriginally posted by Maxington Quote
I seriously doubt any more than a single digit percent of photographers in the world could honestly answer that they are limited by their camera format.

Honestly, no.

Based on the criteria that bigger is better, yes.

10-06-2008, 05:15 AM   #65
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Then, it is just called Full Film, not Full Frame! ;-D
no, ricehigh you are as usual WRONG. 135 film IS considered full frame, since there are (were) smaller films available based on the 135 format.

this is transcribed word for word from the (1976) Asahi Pentax MX manual.


'35mm full frame camera with open-aperture center-weighted Through-The-Lens meter.'


Got it? do some damn research before posting ricehigh....
10-06-2008, 06:49 AM   #66
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 49
You all would be cheering if Pentax had announced a full frame dslr for next year...You all would be buying it, at least the ones with the money. I would too, but meanwhile I'm quite happy with my K100D and ME Super. They are already better cameras than I really need.
10-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Tom S.'s Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.E. Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,238
QuoteOriginally posted by Tokina Quote
You all would be cheering if Pentax had announced a full frame dslr for next year...You all would be buying it, at least the ones with the money. I would too, but meanwhile I'm quite happy with my K100D and ME Super. They are already better cameras than I really need.
Actually, it scares me more to think of Pentax introducing something in medium format. My K20D is enough to keep me satisfied, even if they came out with a full frame, but a medium format digital could hurt me...
10-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #68
Veteran Member
morfic's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 428
I am much more tempted by a larger format, than 35mm tempting me to switch from APS-C, i see APS-C as a smaller 35mm format and if i wanted a larger format, i'd be interested in a medium format sized sensor, which then would be out of attainable range.

There is nothing limiting about APS-C compared to a full frame sensor, not significant enough at least, with medium format the differences would be bigger and more interesting, likely though i'd be shooting Portra VC with it and save up for a good scanner if i really wanted a MF cam.
I'd much rather have a K20D with a better AF, better screen and improved LiveView than a K20D with a bigger sensor.

10-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #69
Inactive Account




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scarborough, ON, Canada
Posts: 30
Not interested in Full Frame - then I will have to buy a new telephoto lens as the one I have now will be shorter.
10-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #70
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,166
This poll makes no sense RH. As pointed out, there are several possible but important options left out. Here are a few.

1) Not concerned over no FF
2) Interested in FF but its not the "Holy Grail"
3) I am an old film Pentaxian AND dSLR Pentaxian.,
4) I don't give a sh!t
10-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #71
Pentaxian
Marc Sabatella's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,686
QuoteOriginally posted by Tokina Quote
You all would be cheering if Pentax had announced a full frame dslr for next year...You all would be buying it, at least the ones with the money.
I take then you didn't actually read some of the posts here. No way would I buy a camera that changed the angle of view of all my lenses making them unsuited to the purposes I bought them for, vignetted with a couple of them, left me without good telephoto capabilities, and was bigger and heavier than what I have now. No thanks - I'm going to stick with the APS-C line as long as possible. And if Pentax were ever to make that impossible, I'd be as likely to switch brands as switch to full frame.
10-06-2008, 02:44 PM   #72
Veteran Member
ytterbium's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,076
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
This poll makes no sense RH. As pointed out, there are several possible but important options left out. Here are a few.

1) Not concerned over no FF
2) Interested in FF but its not the "Holy Grail"
3) I am an old film Pentaxian AND dSLR Pentaxian.,
4) I don't give a sh!t
Also.. Not interested in FF, but in better APS-C support (or just in general, not just APS-C).
In some way it would agree with what RH is saying.

What confuses me is that over the years Pentax has developed so many good and demanded glass that is not anymore in production.
Take for example the same Canon.. most of their glass is refreshed (new versions of) older glass...dosn't refreshing/producing old lens costs less than developing a new one? Okay... smaller for aps-c, better optical construction (maybe..), sdm, increased income because of hype over the new thing.. how about user confidence?
It just dosn't seems serios..
Im new to pentax and that's what keeps me from investing in this system the most, that i have no warranty if, for example, i have counted on a good DA 35/2.8 avalability, it will still be available after a year or even 6 months if i need one... Or what about the all hailed 50/1.4... why do i need expensive SDM, macro one..?
It is good to introduce new products, but not smart to cripple the lens line in general.
And its not only about lenses...
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #73
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: carpentersville, IL
Posts: 693
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
OK, this is just one full frame thread too much.
I'm asking for a break, a week, a month, whatever without this ranting about full frame, when we can discuss photo, current and old existing equipment, how to use it, but not fight about fantasy cameras that may or may never exist.
As long as we have canikon sack riders like ricehigh and deeeeeeeejjjjjaaaaaa whatshisface around, that will not happen. They will always do their best to include pentax shortcomings in every post they have....
10-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #74
Senior Member
troywhite's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 171
I really don't give a flying **** about FF
I love the camera I have right here, right now. It helps me take (what I think are) wonderful photos
10-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #75
Pentaxian
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Posts: 10,043
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
I take then you didn't actually read some of the posts here. No way would I buy a camera that changed the angle of view of all my lenses making them unsuited to the purposes I bought them for, vignetted with a couple of them, left me without good telephoto capabilities, and was bigger and heavier than what I have now. No thanks - I'm going to stick with the APS-C line as long as possible. And if Pentax were ever to make that impossible, I'd be as likely to switch brands as switch to full frame.
Well, with the exception of the vignetting, That's pretty much what happened when a lot of us bought digital.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, entries, film, frame, pentax, pentax full frame, photography, slr, user
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nikon's 1998 vintage "full frame" DSLR pingflood General Talk 5 07-25-2009 05:44 PM
Why doesn't Pentax develop full frame DSLR? fast_boat Pentax DSLR Discussion 18 12-11-2008 08:46 PM
Official: New DSLR Body is Coming; Full Frame Model is Under Planning! RiceHigh Pentax News and Rumors 78 08-04-2008 06:18 PM
Full Frame Pentax DSLR Wheatfield Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 0 07-21-2008 06:43 PM
So It's True....a Full-Frame 'Professional' Samsung Dslr Coming !!!! Confused Pentax DSLR Discussion 9 05-02-2008 04:12 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:10 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top