Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Make your Choice and Indicate your Identitiy!
Concentrate to invest further into the Pentax APS-C DSLR system 14057.85%
Plan to Switch, for a system with Full Frame option 208.26%
Do Nothing, Still Wait and See if Thing will be Changed later 6024.79%
I am an Old Film SLR Pentaxian 5924.38%
I am a New Pentax DSLR Pentaxian 8635.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've got to rant: MAN. Aren't there enough of these Pentax FF discussions? How about more useful and meaningful discussions?

Go and take pictures.

10-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #17

Hey, my battery has just finished charging.

I'm off to take some photos, bye!
10-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spongefingers Quote
Hey, my battery has just finished charging.

I'm off to take some photos, bye!
Best answer so far. Should be an option in the poll
10-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
From a Pentax perspective, I would rather have them address the more serious issues of:

6) no fixed focal lenses from 100-200 (except for macro).
In fact, that's 77-200mm (except DFA maco). I would like to see a 90mm f/2 or f/1.8 and a 135mm f/2.

QuoteQuote:
7) No big glass
This doesn't make corporate sense. Big glass is expensive and has a limited user base. What exactly is it you want? A 500mm f/5.6? f/4? This lens would cost a pretty penny, over $2,000. How many people would buy one? And can't you custom order an FA* 600mm f/4 still?

10-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
this is typical of ricehigh: someone who only cares about cameras and the technology, not actually taking photos.
actually the company should care exactly about the people who spend all the time thinking about buying their new equipment...
10-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drewdlephone Quote
New digital Pentaxian here, and I plan on dropping considerable cash on the beautiful DA* lenses, once I actually have that cash. all saved from eating ramen noodles of course. Some of the shots on here with those lenses are incredible, regardless of sensor size. Go Pentax.
Eating ramen noodles to afford DA* lenses--now that's what I call dedication!

As far as I'm concerned, very few people actually NEED a film-frame sensor. Not that I could ever afford it, but I still hope that Pentax will come out with a MF system that will be able to compete with C&N's FF bodies price-wise, but will blow the competiton away, pricewise. One can dream, can't they?

I'm perfectly happy with APS-C and might consider adding a couple more DA Limiteds to my bag.

Heather
10-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #22
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
actually the company should care exactly about the people who spend all the time thinking about buying their new equipment...

but we all know he is not thinking about buying any new Pentax equipment, especially not to actually use it for its intended purpose. nor are his intentions to improve Pentax, just to tear down its current offerings in comparison with other brands. unless of course Pentax releases a canon 5D FF clone.

10-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #23
Veteran Member

but we all know he is not thinking about buying any new Pentax equipment, especially not to actually use it for its intended purpose. nor are his intentions to improve Pentax, just to tear down its current offerings in comparison with other brands. unless of course Pentax releases a canon 5D FF clone.
to be fair - didn't he buy Pentax equipment and used it for long time (before switching to Canon), did he ?
10-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #24
Kei

New pentaxian here.

I just don't see myself buying a FF dslr anytime until it can be made in the size and price of the k200d/k20d. The aps-c format is a good balance in terms of quality, price, bulk. For now, I simply don't care about FF, regardless who made it. Give me a FF camera now and I couldn't produce images better than using my k200d. So I am not going to lug a 5lb camera if a 2lb one gives me the same result.

IMHO, even if Pentax makes FF dslr, so what? Canon, Nikon and Sony have it already. Why bother putthing R&D resources on a "me too" format dslr? Even tho I don't care, but I am glad to see Pentax decides to go a step beyond and straight to 645D.
10-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #25
Veteran Member

this is typical of ricehigh: someone who only cares about cameras and the technology, not actually taking photos.
umm i don't see how that "answers" to what séamuis said.

while i DO believe that the company should care about the people who spend time thinking about buying their new equipment, i get such a negative vibe from this poll (just my honest opinion). it adds another "oh no, no FF for pentax" scare or whatever.

i for one tend to agree a bit with séamuis. i personally would like to see (and not saying that it SHOULD happen, just my opinion) more topics and posts from ricehigh (or from everyone) that's actually about taking photographs and using the equipment, you know, helping each other here to be better photographers.

just my 2 cents.

Last edited by soccerjoe5; 10-03-2008 at 10:02 AM.
10-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #26
Banned

to be fair - didn't he buy Pentax equipment and used it for long time (before switching to Canon), did he ?

from what he says, film SLR's and FA lenses. I have seen no evidence of use of a K100D. but that doesn't change his current and quite long time intentions. and I think he has made them quite clear to many people here, regardless of his 'publicly stated' reasons for his blog and attitude.

this whole thread, any ricehigh thread for that matter irritates me because I know his opinion and more importantly, his intentions. I know his one sidedness, over the fact that Pentax is failing.. constantly on the edge of disappearing simply because they don't engineer the camera he wants. and he uses his blog and this forum to great extent to 'indirectly' sway people from an excellent product, simply because he doesn't like it.

if pentax doesn't live up to his expectations, if he uses canon then why is he constantly here with oh so familiar threads such as these? its this attitude and persistent negative presence that make me sick. but alas in the end Im always interested in what new BS he is going to bring up on the forum and then link to his blog for traffic.....
10-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #27
Veteran Member

when i first joined i was wondering why he annoyed a lot of people. if he uses canon nowadays then he should make his blog about canon and move to a canon forum. i just get a bad vibe from his posts and blog.

had to let that out. just my opinion.
10-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Bigger isn't always better. As sensor technology improves, the APS-C format will be more then able to meet the needs of most serious photographers. The MP race is coming to an end soon and dynamic range is improving. Noise is going down, while processing is getting faster. By keeping the current format, we will have smaller lenses and maybe smaller bodies soon. I think that the trend is toward smaller equipment, not bigger. I beleive that the FF trend will die with future advances.

Dave
10-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #29
Veteran Member

The most the guy has had were digital cameras before the k100d. And there is no proof and not one picture he's taken with any pentax camera. Plus He doesn't have his own test of anything. So to sum it up he runs a Pentax photography blog that has none of his own pictures and none of his own test and currently doesn't own a Pentax camera....

Anyways.. How many people here who take pictures with their Pentax cameras has though. Oh man I wish I could have gotten more frame into that picture. Or is going to pay for a full frame.

If we were at a time where FF was the same price as the K20D line of cameras I can see a big straight comparison with buying choices. But before then, it's rather useless to even think about it.

To get a standard type setup
FF Camera
24-70~ 2.8
70-200~ 2.8
Fast 50

You have to pay roughly 5900$ for it.

It's not at all that I think Nikon, Canon, and Sony don't make great cameras too. It's just I hate people being frozen thinking that it's their camera that is taking the bad pictures. Any camera out there can take and have taken amazing pictures

Last edited by Okami; 10-03-2008 at 10:54 AM.
10-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Big Dave Quote
Bigger isn't always better. As sensor technology improves, the APS-C format will be more then able to meet the needs of most serious photographers. The MP race is coming to an end soon and dynamic range is improving. Noise is going down, while processing is getting faster. By keeping the current format, we will have smaller lenses and maybe smaller bodies soon. I think that the trend is toward smaller equipment, not bigger. I beleive that the FF trend will die with future advances.

Dave
what is so different between

1) FF vs APS-C

and

2) APS-C vs 4/3

?