Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
11-19-2019, 01:41 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
Hi Andrea K,

First... thank you for this app... it's aewsome!

I was able to connect via the K-1 Wifi and download the content of a corrupt SD card onto my Windows 10 laptop...

However, one of the goals of this reply is also to report the same issue as for @Craigbob

Symptoms: everytime I am willing to close your app, it would hang, and UI stays there... It never terminate. I am getting those "Wifi Commander for Pentax is not responding" error messages.
The "Close the program" or "Wait for the program to respond" options wouldn't work.

I have to reboot my entire computer to clear the app... it wouldn't close otherwise (even if I use the Windows 10 Task Manager to kill the process).

I search a bit on your web page where I should send the debugging info, but couln't figure out...

Some infos:
Windows 10, Build 18362.476
Dell Precision 7520 wit i7-7920HQ CPU , 32Gb RAM, plenty of HD space on SSD 2TB...
(let me know what other info would be required)

so if you have an email, please provide in PM, and I'll forward screenshots and/or logs... (or advise otherwise if I missed what to do in those cases...)

**My daughter will for sure make a donation for this...
Hi,

I'm very proud that my app saved your daughter life (sort of... :P ).

To send a debug log to me please, after the crash, reopen the app, also if you need to reboot the pc, and download the log through Options icon -> Download log. Send at info@wificommanderpentax.com.
You can also check the Windows 10 Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> application if there is any row about my app.

Thank you,

Andrea

11-19-2019, 10:26 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just wanted to say thanks Andrea! I have only attempted to use the app once and ended up getting distracted by life but with the weather getting lousy up here in Maine, I hope to have time to try it with my K-1 soon.
03-15-2022, 05:47 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K-3iii

Quick question, will WiFi Commander work with the Pentax K-3iii?
03-15-2022, 07:41 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tomkeet Quote
Quick question, will WiFi Commander work with the Pentax K-3iii?
Yes, go to my website and contact me via the form. I will send you a beta version to test.

Best Regards,

Andrea

03-15-2022, 08:00 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you for your prompt reply.

---------- Post added 15-03-22 at 03:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Yes, go to my website and contact me via the form. I will send you a beta version to test.

Best Regards,

Andrea
Message sent
03-15-2022, 12:40 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Andrea,
Downloaded fine and installed OK, just testing now.

Tom
04-15-2022, 03:00 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi, does anybody knows if it works with pentax k-3 with flu card? Based in the fact that you can control the camera via web with the flu card, I don't know if it can be considered as a wifi enabled camera?

Sadly I don't have a flu card on hand to test it myself.

04-15-2022, 06:04 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fri98 Quote
Hi, does anybody knows if it works with pentax k-3 with flu card? Based in the fact that you can control the camera via web with the flu card, I don't know if it can be considered as a wifi enabled camera?

Sadly I don't have a flu card on hand to test it myself.
Hi, sadly flucard uses a different and old tech to communicate so is not supported.
04-15-2022, 06:50 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Hi, sadly flucard uses a different and old tech to communicate so is not supported.
Yep, sadly, thanks for your fast response! Cheers.