Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2019, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
any hints of memorial day deals?

I'm thinking (hoping) that pushing stocks of KP's to get ready for a new APS-C might be imminent . . .

05-18-2019, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would say this counts:

K-S2 body $300, w/ 18-135 $450 - from Ricoh - PentaxForums.com

Probably one of the best Pentax deals of all time- this even beats out the $299 K-01 in my opinion.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-18-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I would say this counts:

Probably one of the best Pentax deals of all time- this even beats out the $299 K-01 in my opinion.
Thanks. Alas, I need the KP because of AB failure of my K-S2. Won't buy another of those . . .
05-18-2019, 08:34 PM   #4
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
Thanks. Alas, I need the KP because of AB failure of my K-S2. Won't buy another of those . . .
The least expensive the KP has ever been priced is $700, just $100 less than the current price.
You could probably purchase many good FA lenses for that amount - then continue to use your K-S2, but in "green button" mode.

05-19-2019, 12:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
Also a failed AB in K-S2 - I think Pentax should be ashamed to be still selling these from their own store, since it is a known problem and they won't fix any that are out of warranty.

Now if they drop the KP back to $698 like at the holidays... I am in
05-19-2019, 05:28 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I would say this counts:

Never mind. I see that only those with stock available will show the cart button

[Edited - Is there a special process needed to buy one of these? I couldn't find any link to add it to my cart.]

Last edited by rogerstg; 05-19-2019 at 05:56 AM.
05-19-2019, 12:34 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by rogerstg Quote
Never mind. I see that only those with stock available will show the cart button

[Edited - Is there a special process needed to buy one of these? I couldn't find any link to add it to my cart.]
If there's no button next to the price on the product page, it means it's sold out.

Great design, I know

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-20-2019, 03:28 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

just to clarify....It is my understanding that RICOH did correct the K-S2 failure by modifying those camera bodies with post-2014 manufacturer dates. Those with the modified solenoid/magnet are running well. I have had one in regular use for over a year and there has been no freeze up or issue of any kind.
I am sorry to hear that Pentax will not repair those with.issues or declare a recall and fix them en masse, but if these cameras failed outside the warranty period, that makes them no different than if my K-1 or KP failed post-warranty; or any other brand made.

05-21-2019, 12:40 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
just to clarify....It is my understanding that RICOH did correct the K-S2 failure by modifying those camera bodies with post-2014 manufacturer dates. Those with the modified solenoid/magnet are running well. I have had one in regular use for over a year and there has been no freeze up or issue of any kind.
I am sorry to hear that Pentax will not repair those with.issues or declare a recall and fix them en masse, but if these cameras failed outside the warranty period, that makes them no different than if my K-1 or KP failed post-warranty; or any other brand made.
it is not a random after warranty failure like say if your K1 had a defective shutter after warranty... This now a known problem that has now affected 3 or 4 different camera bodies, same part... is not random failure issue. It is an easily deniable issue and Pentax is doing well in that respect. Similar to the Da* zoom issues that have plagued many lenses
05-21-2019, 06:09 PM   #10
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Mine was manufactured in 2016 and had ABF. I fixed it though, and it's running great.