Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #1

Urgent help! K10d

My K10D has suddenly stopped working properly! It doesn't recognize Av, TAv, nor USER mode. AV Mode has been replaced with Shutter Priority, TAv has been replaced with Manual, and USER has been replaced with Flash X-sync. Any help with this matter? I removed the battery, reset the settings, everything short of taking down and opening the camera!

10-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #2

Original Poster
All fixed

Thats weird, it suddenly remembered the settings and is up and running again. Still, info. on what causes this bizarre behavior could be good knowledge to have at hand.
10-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #3

I had a weird episode recently. I had my K20d in a bad for like a day. at night i took it out to mess around, i can't change the aperture in Av mode. I also tried everything take the battery out and turn back on, changing to different lenses and stuff still having problem. I decided to take of the battery grip and tested w/o it, its fine...so i put the battery grip back on it works as normal...

i guess its just like me, sometime i just got messed up and don't know what the hell i'm doing...
10-06-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Possible causes:
Dirty and/or stuck contacts between the body and grip.
One or both batteries getting a little low. The guage isn't exactly accurate and if you have the camera set to use either body or grip battery first it's even less accurate, in my experience.
e-dial on either the grip or body not fully clicked to a stop. PeterZack posted a thread about this phenom.

10-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also, if you have a grip edial between settings, it will cause the corresponding edial on the camera to ignore you.