Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2019, 02:35 AM   #1

Pentax K7/K3 II quality and after-sales service in Europe

Hi,
I'm the owner of two bodies : a K7 (2011) and a K3 II (2016).

For my K7, the rubber protection of usb connectors has gone to dust like the micro protection. (quote > 200 $)
The right side andbottom rubber protection is still good.

For my K3 II Inoticed a corrosion point on the front of the case, like electrolysis

It was taken over under warranty by Pentax.

When Irecovered my K3, the viewfinder was covered with dust, the focusing screen looked scratched and mainly I had to adjust the diopter adjustment dial to the range stop, if I do not want a fuzzy image inside my viewfinder.
Today, it is two months I left my K3 II I to the Pentax's after-sales service.

If one adds the fact, that a day I need to remove the battery of my K3 II to stop it.
Another day, I had a serie of shots taken in overprint, I don't know why.

Of course, It's not the only brand like this but, I am so disappointed that I would have already changed brand if I didn’t have so many Pentax's lenses and accessories.

Many manufacturers are complaining about the decline in camera sales. Who knows why...

Last edited by Aboulafia; 06-02-2019 at 02:46 AM.
06-02-2019, 03:12 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aboulafia Quote
Many manufacturers are complaining about the decline in camera sales. Who knows why...
You are right. A friend of mine had his Fuji X long zoom unexpectedly stop working after 18 months of ownership, sent it for repair and got it back two month later. Cameras are the least well serviced kind of products for the price point. The problem is the price, it's not cheap, but it's not cheap enough to throw away / replace by new, and it's not expensive enough to justify the manpower for good after sale services. For an apsc camera, it's the hardest to deal with for repair, manpower in Japan / US cost $50 / hour, a few hours of work + parts and that's already half the cost of a new apsc camera. So with apsc you could eventually buy a second hand or new body as replacement. For full frame it's more problematic. For medium format it's less problematic because they put the resources for good servicing.
06-02-2019, 03:48 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you have good eyesight and the DIY knack, US Camera will probably have the parts you need for your K7, and will help if you send them a message. Will likely only be a few measly dollars too. I think this might be the part? Pentax 77760-A0281 Connector Cover | K-3 | K-5 | K-7 | USCamera PartsUSCamera
06-02-2019, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
@ calsan,

Thanks for your help.
I found my spare parts for my K7. I'll try to fix it at USCamera ;-)