Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dirt cheap K20D

Hello,
Has anyone done business with this outfit? Are they honest etc? It is a great price for brand product with USA warranty.

Dave

Attached Images

10-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #2

They do not appear promising - FotoConnection (TVsDepot, TheWizStore.com, ephotoclub, 1stopcamera.com, Inoax.Com, TheNewConnection) Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

You can get a pretty good price right now if you buy from ebay (make sure reputable seller) and use the live. com 20% off rebate, takes awhile (70+ days) but you'd get close to this price with the rebate.
10-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This company sounds like one to avoid.

FotoConnection (TVsDepot, TheWizStore.com, ephotoclub, 1stopcamera.com, Inoax.Com, TheNewConnection) Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings
10-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #4

These guys are just like the infamous Broadway Photo. Definite grey-marketers. Will rip you off 9 ways to Sunday. Avoid like the plauge.

10-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #5

You can get the k20 for about the same price at Cameta (on ebay), using the M$ Live search.
10-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I support Cameta Camera, and I would like to strangle Broadway photo as well as all those bait & switch camera companies out there (yes, most of them are in NY). I once got curious to see how exactly they would treat potential customers, so when it was slow at work one day, I decided to call broadway photo. Extremely rude, obnoxious and condescending, they talked down to me and treated me like I had no idea what I was talking about. After I stated that all the things they are trying to sell to me separately are included in a kit on the actual manufacturers website, they told me just to go somewhere else to buy and abruptly hung up. Yeah, that was great.... ::rolling eyes::
10-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
As soon as you place the order, they will contact you "to verify your credit card". Then the lies begin: you need a battery and charger. What about the stock battery? "It's junk, it only lasts 5 minutes." "You need filters, bag, flash, blah, blah, blah.

If you are successful in convincing them you only want the camera advertised, it will suddenly become 'out of stock' - forever.

Bottom line, if it sounds too good to be true, it is.
10-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #8
Site Supporter

It may truly be "body only"' - no software, manual, cables, battery, charger, etc. I don't have a problem with people selling it that way if it is made clear what it is. Some people really only want a second body.