Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
I use Photoshop CS2 at work and Photoshop CS2/CS3 at home almost every day as my job is Graphics Design.

Yes, they are all legal copies. I know its large, and has a large learning curve. But to me its worth every penny.

I love the comments that its too big and not good for photo manipulation. But all the photographers in my office also use CS2 also and refuse to use the supplied Elements v4.0.

You use what works for you.. but after reading that article.. I suspect the Online version is going to be two things.. Slow... and stripped. Anyone here use on-line Office client before.. imagine that with a 240 DPI image out a K10D

03-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Maybe it's just wishfull thinking on my part (I'm a great opensource software user/fan/advocate), but don't you think The Gimp may also be part of the motivation behind this ? I mean, it's completely free, and it does 95% of what Photoshop does...
I have Photoshop because I outgrew Paintshop Pro. I have given Gimp a try many times and it's a fraction even of Paintshop Pro. I mean you can do many of the same things but they're usually a lot harder or the quality of the result is poor. Gimp also bogs down for very large images and it crashed more than I was used to (which is probably a sign I was using it too hard.)

I think Gimp simply does 95% of what you need it to do and thus Photoshop would be inappropriate.

Bart
03-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #18
Veteran Member

This isn't exactly what PHOTOSHOP would look like online, but it will give you an idea. It's pretty much what Apple's iPhoto looks like online:

Picnik - edit photos the easy way, online in your browser

In beta right now and free. For more info, read the little article about Picnik in today's Tidbits online.

Will
03-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #19

There's a reason photographers use CS2. It's the most powerful photo editing software out there.

The initial investment of $650 or so plays out well when upgrades cost a fraction of the full price.

Just don't lose your original full version or you'll be a loser in more ways than one!

Each license is for one desktop and one laptop (but nothing stops you from using it on two desktops or two laptops. Just not at the same time!)