Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
K10D Images on Line

Just go to the first or second two URL's in my signatures to view the first six images all with the K10D for "Issue One"Magazine UK

Ben

03-01-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
slip's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 2 hours north of toronto ontario canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,533
hi

I would just like to say that I think you are a darn great photographer. how ever, just like I also know a great deal of talent goes into opera singing, your style of photography is just a bit to artistic for my tastes. I like the more "traditional" approach.
that doesn't take away the fact that you have great talent....
I enjoy how you use lighting for drama and I try to learn something from everyone's photos.

please don't take offense, just being an honest man

thanks

randy
03-01-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member
kjask's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Slovenia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 325
Very professional and very powerful... really great photos! I adore this perfect light and postproduction! Bravo!! And thanks for sharing, Ben!
03-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Amherst, NY.
Posts: 334
Hi Ben.

Man, those are some REALLY GREAT photos that you have displayed. Just for the sake of asking, what lens did you use for these?

03-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
No Probs

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
hi

I would just like to say that I think you are a darn great photographer. how ever, just like I also know a great deal of talent goes into opera singing, your style of photography is just a bit to artistic for my tastes. I like the more "traditional" approach.
that doesn't take away the fact that you have great talent....
I enjoy how you use lighting for drama and I try to learn something from everyone's photos.

please don't take offense, just being an honest man

thanks

randy
I appreciate your comments and being a Canuck, I no there is no offence intended..

Best
Ben
03-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
Lenses

QuoteOriginally posted by NLAlston Quote
Hi Ben.

Man, those are some REALLY GREAT photos that you have displayed. Just for the sake of asking, what lens did you use for these?
The lenses used were the 21, 40, 70 and 16-45. All Pentax.

Ben
03-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #7
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Victoria BC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 51
Question for you...

Hi Ben, I have my own small but building studio, and was wondering what type of triggering devices you could recommend for studio lights. I have a Cameron Wireless Trigger now but it does not allow for High Speed sync. Maximum 125/s, which is not enough for some things I would like to acheive.

PS I have looked at your fashion photos... stunning work, great lighting, basically everthing is unreal, and to boot, its on Pentax.

Thanks Doug.
03-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #8
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,414
Ben, these are amazing images. I love artistic photography and these are quite inspiring, thanks for sharing.

03-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #9
Veteran Member
Alvin's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,530
Wow! These are simply amazing shots! Thanks for sharing these, Ben!
03-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #10
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
Shutter Speed

QuoteOriginally posted by slugtaco Quote
Hi Ben, I have my own small but building studio, and was wondering what type of triggering devices you could recommend for studio lights. I have a Cameron Wireless Trigger now but it does not allow for High Speed sync. Maximum 125/s, which is not enough for some things I would like to acheive.

PS I have looked at your fashion photos... stunning work, great lighting, basically everthing is unreal, and to boot, its on Pentax.

Thanks Doug.
To be honest. I haven't shot over 1/60th of a second in studio or on interior location for over twenty years, so I can't be of help here...
03-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #11
Veteran Member
rfortson's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,129
Wow, amazing shots, Ben! Thanks for sharing them with us.

One question, though. What are you "selling" with these shots, since you're being paid. Is it the clothing? Is it a general "image" that a designer wants to convey?

Also, how do you come up with the theme? Is it your theme, or does someone tell you what they want and you interpret/create it for them?

Okay, that was more than one question. Just curious (I'm an engineer, so I can be a little to "literal" sometimes).

Thanks again for sharing these with us.
03-02-2007, 06:30 AM   #12
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Perth
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 669
These are awesome shots - Benjikan, you are no mere photographer you are truly a sculptor of light.
03-02-2007, 07:25 AM   #13
Veteran Member
*isteve's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,187
Any useful tips?

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Just go to the first or second two URL's in my signatures to view the first six images all with the K10D for "Issue One"Magazine UK

Ben
Thanks for showing these - some interesting lighting ideas. Always nice to study how pros work. Having done all the conventional lighting courses its interesting to note how much more interesting things get when you ignire the rulebook... I'd love to know exactly how you lit this one to get such an interesting background...

Pressbook.com :: View Image
03-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #14
Veteran Member
Ivan Glisin's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Belgrade
Posts: 656
Great images! That is "photography" in it's true meaning: painting with light. Too often camera users (intentional) are forgetting that the key to good photography is to have BOTH good subject AND good light. You are demonstrating the importance of both.

BTW, any feedback from Pentax regarding the focus problems with K10D and DA 16-45?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, images, k10d, k10d images, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
green line and red line on lens dh4412 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 03-28-2011 11:39 AM
'Normal' program line on K10D? J2R Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 05-28-2009 09:59 PM
K10D program line bad choices... HELP Steve-O Pentax DSLR Discussion 14 05-11-2008 09:29 AM
Setting Picture Line on K10D dcp5570 Pentax DSLR Discussion 2 09-06-2007 09:15 PM
A few K10D tourist images of Italy (9 images, about 200kb each) volosong Post Your Photos! 2 04-24-2007 04:29 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:33 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top