Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
about Tony
You spelt his name wrong,its $$$ony!

---------- Post added 06-28-19 at 11:14 AM ----------

Not at Chelsea specifically.
She reads this forum sometimes,they are informed about whats going on even though theres some info they put out that's not quite 100% accurate.

From what Ive seen,they have given Pentax as a brand more publicity than anyone else.

06-27-2019, 05:54 PM - 2 Likes   #122
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
You spelt his name wrong,its $$$ony!

---------- Post added 06-28-19 at 11:14 AM ----------

She reads this forum sometimes,they are informed about whats going on even though theres some info they put out that's not quite 100% accurate.

From what Ive seen,they have given Pentax as a brand more publicity than anyone else.
You're right! Any publicity is good publicity!
06-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #123
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
M150/3.5 is a real sleeper lens that very few people know about. You’re only the second member I’ve read mention it. I got mine on a low-ball eBay bid that nobody countered.

All these cameras will last for at least ten more years so if Pentax goes away (it won’t) I can still take pictures with them, probably until I die. And then the value isn’t my problem.
+1 on the M150/3.5. It’s not a lens I use often, but it is a lens that never fails to impress me when I do use it.

---------- Post added Jun 27th, 2019 at 08:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Thank you. I knew you were watching. And perhaps tongue in cheek, but they didn't come across to me quite that way, and I'm a guy. More like the kind of off-handed, somewhat cutting remarks that are often made at the expense of women. I've started listening more to the women around me about these sorts of things.
If it makes you feel better, much the same can be said of Boris Johnson, providing one also is into the 3 Stooges.
06-28-2019, 01:22 AM   #124

Pentax has the best cost, and best configuration at the price, I know you are tired of waiting, me too.
But I agree with Thomas Heaton as he said: buying new camera or lens may let you feel fresh and happy for a moment, but soon you will find that this is not a truly way to advance your technique on shooting. Perhaps when we meet bottleneck on shooting, most of us will think about change our equipment, however this won't solve the problem.

If you are really not satisfied with the function or performance on you camera, (Pentax is really not good at focusing point and AFC indeed), you may change to another brand, that make sense.

Best wishes for you and hope you can find your best partner of shooting ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

06-28-2019, 12:15 PM   #125
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think your post has merit. And I apologise if anything I've contributed about Tony and Chelsea was off the mark. I mean no animosity toward Chelsea. I think she's the better photographer of the two. But I do dislike their channel for the simple reason that they seem to be quite biased in their views, specifically in relation to Pentax gear. Hence, I do sometimes have a little dig at the two of them. Not at Chelsea specifically.
Well, on that score they are not alone, and like you I take exception to it. But in the end I blame ignorance of the gear---and I blame Pentax!!!! Love Pentax as I do---and I cut them a lot of slack on new offerings, a whole lot, but I understand what a challenge this must be for a small company....Pentax is to me wholly at fault for not getting their gear in front of influencers, wherever they are, and working with them to help them understand the gear's strengths. Marketing just does not have to cost millions as we move into the 3rd decade of the 21st century! Just getting kit into the hands of your reps would be great as a start....what a concept!
06-28-2019, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Well, on that score they are not alone, and like you I take exception to it. But in the end I blame ignorance of the gear---and I blame Pentax!!!! Love Pentax as I do---and I cut them a lot of slack on new offerings, a whole lot, but I understand what a challenge this must be for a small company....Pentax is to me wholly at fault for not getting their gear in front of influencers, wherever they are, and working with them to help them understand the gear's strengths. Marketing just does not have to cost millions as we move into the 3rd decade of the 21st century! Just getting kit into the hands of your reps would be great as a start....what a concept!
Reps?!!!
06-28-2019, 03:24 PM - 2 Likes   #127
dbs
Pentaxian

This thread is just click bait .....isn't it...?????
Are you going..
Or..staying..

I need some more stuff...

Dave

06-28-2019, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

06-29-2019, 05:16 AM   #129
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Reps?!!!
LOL. But one of my dearest friends is one, believe it or not---independent rep. And that's how I know about this problem, and it most certainly is one. A big one, IMO.

Look, I'm not foolish enough to think that dealers are suddenly go to buy into Pentax. Heck, my local pro shop took a loooong time to get into Sony! They've been quicker with Fuji----and I'll wager that had a lot to do with behind the scenes Fuji efforts. This place was hard core Canon-Nikon, and just a pinch of Leica, and a couple of compact Oly's. Now it's Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Leica.

But I am pretty certain that having no samples is certain to doom any sales efforts. Imagine showing up to sell someone something, and they say, "Ok, let's take a look", and you say, "Well, uh, I don't have anything to show you", and "I'm not really sure when I can get you any, but you have to pay in advance anyway for the order."

Here would be my strategy: have the samples available to loan out. Have product on hand to leave with an interested dealer w/o them having to pay up front or commit to a major commitment up front. Have some marketing materials to give them, and a sign (this stuff is so cheap to produce now it's ridiculous....). Do some demos at stores---yes, there are stores left! Ease into the relationship. Repeat. Establish good will. I think gradually you grow the business. Not looking to set the world on fire, Sony is taking care of that. Just looking to get these fine products out into the light of day.

We here know these products are very good. Let them sing their own song. But that's no good if they're singing in a vault.
06-29-2019, 06:38 AM   #130

Just out of curiosity does this forum automatically change Sony to $$$ony or is it just some members that write that

edit - just read my own post, it's the latter.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 06-29-2019 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Keeping it friendly
06-29-2019, 07:18 AM - 4 Likes   #131
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'm keeping an eye on the thread as well as contributing to it

Some of the comments towards the OP have been a little harsh, but the OP has handled this well.

As for comments relating to Chelsea Northrup and the potential of offending our female members... I believe I can identify the comments you're referring to, but I believe they were made with tongue firmly in cheek. For now, I don't see anything that over-steps the mark - but I'll keep watching
Well, I'm a female member and Pentax user; and I've certainly not been offended by any of the remarks made here. It's nice that some are conscience of how females may feel; however, as a female, we cannot take every remark to heart. I've been in mostly "men's" hobbies my entire life, and have been treated with respect. If you command respect in your actions, you will receive respect.

Meanwhile, I'm loving my K3, and expecting to buy another body around Christmas. Probably the KP, if a new upgrade isn't announced.

Last edited by csa; 06-29-2019 at 08:38 AM.
06-29-2019, 07:48 AM - 1 Like   #132
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
It's rarely about what is "holding someone back" This stuff is generally brought on by internet angst about not being a member of a large herd, as if that is going to save them somehow.

Here's the thing about large herds: they can get annihilated by a disease getting into them. In the business world, that disease is called shareholder value.

Buy an EOS and watch Canon drop the EF mount in favour of the RF mount. Buy an RF mount camera and watch Canon drop it because the mount doesn't gain traction.
Watch Sony drop out of the game altogether if they stop getting the ROI that they think is required.
Watch Nikon drop the F mount in favour of the Z mount, or watch them drop the Z mount if it doesn't sell.

Meanwhile, watch Pentax soldier on as a small enough part of a very large company that the shareholders don't even know it's there.

There is safety in being small.
So true. Wouldn't want to be left out. I've seen people change systems 3 times in barely more than 1 1/2 years.
06-29-2019, 08:24 AM - 2 Likes   #133
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
So true. Wouldn't want to be left out. I've seen people change systems 3 times in barely more than 1 1/2 years.
Those people aren't "changing systems". At best they have a body and a couple of lenses, and an Instagram account full of cat pictures.
06-29-2019, 08:53 AM - 4 Likes   #134
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

06-29-2019, 11:01 AM   #135
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent!
Closed Thread